IB Extended Essay: Past Essays
- Research Questions
- Past Essays
- Notes & Outlines
- Works Cited Page
- In-Text Citations
- Assessment Criteria
- Supervisor Info
- Net Valley Library This link opens in a new window
Check these CAREFULLY to be sure your topic fits with IB expectations!
- Language & literature (language A)
- Language acquisition (language B)
- Visual Arts
- World Studies
English a & b ee examples.
- English A EE Example
- English A EE Example 1
- English A EE Example 2
- English A EE Example 3
- English B EE Example
- English B EE Example 1
- English B EE Example 2
- English B EE Example 3
- English B EE Example 4
- English B EE Example 5
- English B EE Example 6
Philosophy EE Examples
- Philosophy Example 1
- Philosophy Example 2
- Philosophy Example 3
- Philosophy Example 4
Economics EE Examples
- Econ Example 1
- Econ Example 2
- Econ Example 3
- Econ Example 4
- Econ Example 5
- Econ Example 6
- Econ Example 7
- Econ Example 8
Review Past Papers
- From the IB: papers from other students and how they scored
- Renaissance Library Past Essays : Links to all subject area examples
Music EE Examples
- Music EE Example 1
- Music EE Example 2
- Music EE Example 3
- Music EE Example 4
Psychology EE Examples
- Psych EE Example 1
- Psych EE Example 2
- Psych EE Example 3
Chinese EE Examples
- Chinese EE Example 1
- Chinese EE Example 2
- Chinese EE Example 3
- Chinese A EE Cat 1
- Chinese A EE Cat 2
- Chinese A EE Cat 3
- Chinese B EE Example 1
- Chinese B EE Example 2
- Chinese B Example 3
- Business EE Example 1
- Business EE Example 2
- Business EE Example 3
Visual Arts EE Examples
- Visual Arts EE Example 1
- Visual Arts EE Example 2
- Visual Arts EE Example 3
- Visual Arts EE Example 4
Film EE Examples
- Film Example 1
- Film Example 2
Chemistry EE Examples
- Chemistry EE Example
Biology EE Examples
- Biology EE Example
- Biology EE Example 1
- Biology EE Example 2
- Biology EE Example 3
Physics EE Examples
- Physics EE Example
- Physics EE Example 1
- Physics EE Example 2
- Physics EE Example 3
- Physics EE Example 4
- Physics EE Example 5
Math EE Examples
- Math EE Example 1
- Math EE Example 2
- Math EE Example 3
- Math EE Example 4
- Math EE Example 5
- Math EE Example 6
World Studies EE Examples
- World Studies Example 1
- World Studies Example 2
- World Studies Example 3
- World Studies Example 4
- World Studies Example 5
- World Studies Example 6
- World Studies Example 7
- World Studies Example 8
- World Studies Example 9
- World Studies Example 10
- World Studies Example 11
- World Studies Example 12
- World Studies Example 13
- World Studies Example 14
- World Studies Example 15
- World Studies Example 16
- World Studies Example 17
- World Studies Example 18
- << Previous: Research Questions
- Next: Notes & Outlines >>
- Last Updated: Nov 24, 2023 2:59 PM
- URL: https://sis-cn.libguides.com/ExtendedEssay
- Online Curriculum Centre
- Assessed student work
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Business management
- Environmental systems and societies
- Global politics
- Information technology in a global society
- Social and cultural anthropology
- World religions
- Computer science
- Design technology
- Sports, exercise and health science
- Literature and performance
- Visual arts
- World studies
Example A—conflict, peace and security
Example b—conflict, peace and security, example a—equality and inequality, example b—equality and inequality, example a—health and development, example b—health and development, example a—culture, language and identity, example b—culture, language and identity, example a—environmental sustainability, example b—environmental sustainability, example a—science, technology and society, example b—science, technology and society.
Authentic examples of student extended essays in a broad range of subjects can be reached via the links below or the menu on the left. These examples come with their respective RPPFs and examiner’s commentaries. Examples provided for the sciences and geography include essays researched and written using secondary data; these may be useful resources for students who have reduced access to laboratories or are unable to undertake fieldwork.
The extended essay examples published on the programme resource centre are provided as support for supervisors and students. To maintain the authenticity of the students’ work the citation and referencing has been left intact, and therefore may include some minor inaccuracies or omissions.
For copyright reasons some images have been removed, but these redactions do not impede the reading and understanding of the essays. For further protection of copyright supervisors should not share any extended essay examples outside of the bounds of in-school use. The essay examples should not be branded with an IB logo.
Extended Essay (First Exams 2018): Examples of Extended Essays
- EE Intro to Inquiry
- Examples of Extended Essays
- Recommended Research Tools
- How-to: Research Help
Samples from the IBO
The IBO publishes two volumes of 50 Excellent Extended Essays , covering all Diploma Programme groups -- and all scored a top A grade.
Click on the link below to access PDFs of the essays.
50 Excellent Extended Essays
All 50 essays are also available in electronic form in the QD Library on the iPads. Look for the display at the circulation desk. The essays are found in the iBooks app. The iPads are available for check out at the circulation for periods of 30 minutes at one time.
Recently, the IBO has produced another list of exemplars with marks. Click on the link below to access this:
- Assessed Student Work
- << Previous: EE Intro to Inquiry
- Next: Recommended Research Tools >>
- Last Updated: Nov 26, 2021 12:34 PM
- URL: https://libguides.qibaodwight.org/ee
- TTS Libguides
- Tanglin LibGuides
- Senior Library
IB Extended Essay (EE)
- Extended Essay Main Page
- Business & Management
- Computer Science
- Environmental Systems & Societies (ESS)
- Human Rights
- Information Technology in a Global Society (ITGS)
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Visual Arts
- World Religions
- World Studies
Find a password
Excellent extended essay - english, find example excellent essays, click on the subjects to browse the list of excellent extended essays..
- << Previous: Economics
- Next: Environmental Systems & Societies (ESS) >>
- Last Updated: Oct 18, 2022 9:00 AM
- URL: https://libguides.tts.edu.sg/EE
Elevate your Extended Essay game for free! Get access to our unbeatable collection of Free Sample EEs and score big on your IB exams.
An Investigation into Salvador Allende’s Effectiveness as President
Use Of Financial Mathematics To Deduce The Correlation Between The Number Of Employees, Marginal Profit And Total Profit.
Time frame analysis of stock prices at Amazon using financial mathematics
How Does The Magnitude Of Critical Micellization Concentration(CMC) Of Anionic Detergent, (Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate) Depends On Temperature, Determined Using Conductometric Analysis?
This extended essay delves into the intriguing world of surfactants and critical micelle concentration ( CMC ) values, expanding beyond the IB syllabus. The student explores surface chemistry and its practical applications, offering an in-depth study of this captivating subject.
Effect Of Composition Of A Mixture On It’s Freezing Point
This extended essay delves into the fascinating world of colligative properties and eutectic mixtures, inspired by real-life observations in Kashmir. The student investigates the correlation between the freezing point of a naphthalene and 4-nitrophenol mixture and its composition, using temperature-composition diagrams, offering a unique exploration of this chemical phenomenon.
How does the UCST of the phenol-NaCl system vary with the molar concentration of NaCl, as determined by mutual solubility curves?
This extended essay explores the intriguing world of liquid miscibility, connecting real-life observations in cooking with scientific principles. The student investigates how factors like temperature, mass/volume ratios, and the addition of other substances influence the mixing behavior of liquids, offering a unique perspective on this chemical phenomenon.
Effect of the vape ban on the welfare costs of tobacco consumption in Bangalore.
This extended essay examines tobacco as a de-merit good in the context of its harmful effects, particularly the prevalence of nicotine addiction among Indian youth. The study explores the economic aspects of over-provision in the tobacco market and the associated societal costs, emphasizing the broader impact on individuals and communities.
The Impact Of Economic Forces On The Allocative Efficiency Of Passenger Car Market Of Bangalore, Karnataka.
This extended essay delves into the vital role of the Indian automobile sector in the country's economic growth, manufacturing GDP , exports, and employment. The student explores the sector's divisions and its significance in both domestic and international markets, emphasizing its impact on the overall economy.
Effect of global pandemic on procurement of cotton by cotton corporation of india (CCI) in maharashtra, india
This extended essay delves into the economic significance of cotton production in Maharashtra, India. The student examines the impact on farmers, the textile industry, and overall rural well-being, emphasizing the need to address issues and policies related to this vital cash crop for the region's economic welfare.
Investigating the correlation of antimicrobial effect of Ocimum tenuiflorum (Tulsi) on the growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast)
This extended essay explores the medicinal potential of the "Tulsi" herb, commonly found in Indian households. The student investigates its antimicrobial properties and aims to determine how the concentration of the extract affects its effectiveness, shedding light on traditional remedies in comparison to allopathic drugs.
Effect of nature of substrate on rate of alcoholic fermentation
This extended essay explores the impact of raw materials on industrial alcohol production. It investigates how varying raw materials, fractional distillation, and additives influence the diversity in price, taste, and flavor of alcoholic beverages.
Effect of density of fluid and shape on terminal velocity of an object falling through it.
This extended essay delves into the fascinating world of fluid dynamics and its real-life applications, focusing on the impact of fluid density on the speed of objects in motion. The student's curiosity sparked by swimming explores the science behind drag force and the factors influencing an object's movement through a fluid column in physics.
To what extent has the acquisition of Essar oil by Rosneft helped them attain profitability?
This extended essay explores Rosneft's strategic objectives in the oil sector, emphasizing reserves replacement, project development, offshore expansion, infrastructure enhancement, and profit optimization.
How does the interference fringe width (distance between two maxima i.e. two bright spots) depend on the diameter of the slits (behaving as source), refractive index of medium present between the source of the light (double slit) and the screen?
This extended essay delves into the captivating world of optics and the phenomenon of light. The student explores the connection between wave optics and the colors of light observed in various situations. The investigation includes the double-slit experiment, shedding light on the intriguing wave-particle duality and its ties to quantum mechanics in the realm of physics.
US - Extended Essay Guide: Examples of Extended Essays
- Class of '25 EE Deadline Calendar
- 2024 EE Deadline Calendar
- Examples of Extended Essays
- Computer Science
- Design Technology
- Global Politics
- Studies in Lang. and Lit. (Group 1)
- Studies in Lang. and Lit. (Group 2)
- Sports, Exercise, and Health Science
- World Studies
- Print and eBooks
- Web Resources
- Searching Tips
- Referencing and citing
- Notetaking Advice
- Tools and Strategies to Narrow Your Topic
- Supervisor Support
ZIS Sample Essays 2018
- Sample ZIS Extended Essays 2018 These ZIS student essays from 2018 scored either an A or B. Access is only given to anyone with the link at Zurich International School. Use them to analyse style and formatting as well to brainstorm ideas for topics. However, be aware that these are not research questions to be reused.
Extended Essay & RPPF Exemplars
- (Language B) Studies in language and literature: Punk music in the UK How did the punk movement influence certain aspects of the British culture did in the 20th century?
- (Language B) Language acquisition: Linguistic Strategies in the United States Presidential Election Debates 2016 How did the language used by Clinton and Trump in the first, the second and the third presidential debate influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election in the United States?
- (Business management) To what extent is it a good idea for Escan ltd to end a strategic alliance with Qupid? To what extent is it a good idea for Escan ltd to end a strategic alliance with Qupid?
- (Information technology in a global society) The growing digital divide in financial markets To what extent has algorithmic trading led to an increased digital divide in financial markets?
- (Philosophy) Accidents in driverless cars What is the most appropriate ethical framework for the programming of driverless cars?
- (Social and cultural anthropology) An investigation of secondary education having an impact on divorce rates: a comparison between Caribbean-born women and African-American women Does secondary education have an impact on divorce rates: a comparison between Caribbean-born women and African-American women.
- (World religions) Christian and Islamic eschatology What do Islamic and Christian followers believe about the endtimes and how does each belief influence the religion?
- (Design Technology) Plants in modern architecture. The future of sustainability. To what extent could the implementation of plants in modern building design be a feasible method for future construction, to fight pollution and improve well-being in and around the building environment?
- (Literature and performance) The Perks of Being a Wallflower: A moving novel and a stigmatized film Why might Charlie's mental illness be portrayed differently in the movie adaptation of the Perks of Being a Wallflower than it is in the book?
- (Economics) The impact of demonetization on agriculture and farmers in Sultanganj To what extent has India's 2016 demonetization act impacted farmers, Kharif sale and Rabi sowing in Sultanganj?
- (Environmental systems and societies) Developing a model to evaluate the sustainability of marine turtle conservation organisations What are the criteria that may be used to evaluate the sustainability of marine turtle conservation projects and why?
- (Geography) The effects of transnational corporations on urban areas To what extent has the influx of technological and financial transnational corporations in the Grand Canal Dock area given rise to disparities between this and the Irishtown-Ringsend area?
- (Global politics) Violation of human rights: incompatibility of harmful traditional practices and human rights What are the major hindrances in Tanzania and Pakistan to the achievement of human rights and how can they be tackled?
- (History) Battle of Stalingrad To what extent did German tactical mistakes affect the outcome of the Battle of Stalingrad?
- (Philosophy) Artificial General Intelligence: a modern pursuit of the Platonic “good life” No stated research question
- (Psychology) The copycat effect: An analysis of suicides emulated from non-fictional and fictional media To what extent does the “copycat effect” explain similar suicide occurrences subsequent to mass media coverage on non-fictional and fictional suicides?
- (Biology) Effects of different calcium salts in growth solutions on the growth of the stems of basil (Ocimum basilicum) plants grown hydroponically What effects do different calcium salts in growth solutions have on the growth of the stems of basil (Ocimum basilicum) plants grown hydroponically?
- (Chemistry) An investigation into the synthesis of Aspirin in accordance with the principles of green chemistry To what extent can the industrial method of synthesis of aspirin be altered to best comply with the principles of green chemistry?
- (Computer science) An evaluation of malware How does the ILOVEYOU virus compare to the Koobface worm in terms of damage infliction and methods of duplication?
- (Physics) Aerodynamics What is the relationship between frequency and surface area against lift of the propeller of a toy helicopter?
- (Sports, exercise and health science) What can influence a better reaction time in martial artists? Does the warm-up of martial artists influence their reaction time in contrast to not warming up?
- (Mathematics) The use of hyperbolic cosine function in catenary bridge structure The analysis of the relationship between force and other variables in different bridge supporting scenarios.
- (Dance) Ballet Dance: The influence of choreographer George Balanchine on the style worldwide How has George Balanchine's creativity influenced the style of ballet dance worldwide?
- (Film) In depth study of Francis Ford Coppola’s The Outsiders (1983) and Stanley Kubrick’s A Clockwork Orange (1971) Sympathy in film: To what extent does the portrayal of graphic violence in film impart the ability to sympathize with real world situations?
- (Music) Sibelius' Seventh To what extent did Sibelius write his Seventh Symphony as a one movement compression of traditional symphonic form?
- (Theatre) Character Development Within Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years How do motifs, patterns and tones in Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years contribute to the character development and subtext throughout the musical?
- (Visual arts) Parallels in fashion To what extent did Japanese aesthetics and fashion have an influence on contemporary Danish fashion?
- (World Studies) Analyse the effects and impacts of the 2003 invasion of Iraq How and to what extent did the Iraq invasion and occupation between the years 2003 and 2005 impact the rise of radical Islamic terrorism?
- (Language and literature) Criticism towards expectations of masculinity and the idea of patriotism used in the Great War How does All Quiet on the Western Front reveal the expectations of masculinity and patriotism during the early 20th century?
- << Previous: 2024 EE Deadline Calendar
- Next: Subject Specific Guides >>
- Last Updated: Oct 30, 2023 11:30 AM
- URL: https://libguides.zis.ch/ee2024
IBDP English A: Language & Literature
Website by David McIntyre & Tim Pruzinsky
Updated 23 November 2023
InThinking Subject Sites
Subscription websites for IB teachers & their classes
Find out more
- IBDP Biology
- IBDP Business Management
- IBDP Chemistry
- IBDP Economics
- IBDP English A Literature
- IBDP English B
- IBDP Environmental Systems & Societies
- IBDP French B
- IBDP Geography
- IBDP German A: Language & Literature
- IBDP History
- IBDP Maths: Analysis & Approaches
- IBDP Maths: Applications & Interpretation
- IBDP Physics
- IBDP Psychology
- IBDP Spanish A
- IBDP Spanish Ab Initio
- IBDP Spanish B
- IBDP Visual Arts
- IBMYP English Language & Literature
- IBMYP Resources
- IBMYP Spanish Language Acquisition
- IB Career-related Programme
- IB School Leadership
Disclaimer : InThinking subject sites are neither endorsed by nor connected with the International Baccalaureate Organisation.
InThinking Subject Sites for IB Teachers and their Classes
Supporting ib educators.
- Comprehensive help & advice on teaching the IB diploma.
- Written by experts with vast subject knowledge.
- Innovative ideas on ATL & pedagogy.
- Detailed guidance on all aspects of assessment.
Developing great materials
- More than 14 million words across 24 sites.
- Masses of ready-to-go resources for the classroom.
- Dynamic links to current affairs & real world issues.
- Updates every week 52 weeks a year.
Integrating student access
- Give your students direct access to relevant site pages.
- Single student login for all of your school’s subscriptions.
- Create reading, writing, discussion, and quiz tasks.
- Monitor student progress & collate in online gradebook.
Meeting schools' needs
- Global reach with more than 150,000 users worldwide.
- Use our materials to create compelling unit plans.
- Save time & effort which you can reinvest elsewhere.
- Consistently good feedback from subscribers.
For information about pricing, click here
See what users are saying about our Subject Sites:
Find out more about our Student Access feature:
- Sample essays
- Extended Essay
As you prepare the extended essay, you will want to study several sample essays. This will help give you an impression of the final product and an understanding of what is expected. You can do a lot with a good sample. For example you may want to focus on one specific criterion. You may want to study its use of citation. You may simply want to see what a good title page looks like. Finally, it goes without saying that...
To access the entire contents of this site, you need to log in or subscribe to it.
Alternatively, you can request a one month free trial .