- Ideation Articles
- Random Topic Generator
- Writing Prompt Generator
- Random Essay Title Generator
- YouTube Title Generator
- Writing Articles
- Online Word Counter
- Online Grammar Checker
- Headline Analyzer
- Best Book Writing Software and Book Writing Apps
- 150 Best Resources for Writers
- English Language
- Grammar Tips
- Headline Analyzer Tool
- Title Capitalization Rules
- For WordPress
- Publishing Articles
- Email Marketing
- Book Articles
- How to Get A Book Published
- Best Literary Agencies
- How To Self Publish a Book
The Best Last Day of School Quotes to End the School Year Strong
Every ending symbolizes a new beginning – even when it’s the last day of school. And if you’re looking for quotes that will mark your new start, we’ve got you covered. Our list of the best end-of-school-year quotes includes memorable Instagram captions, funny quotes, and inspirational sayings.
Remember, it feels nice to finish the academic year. If the prospect of the unknown terrifies you, don’t be. It marks a new chapter, a new year in your life.
Table of Contents
Last Day of School Captions for Social Media
Want to share on social media that it’s your last day of school and can’t wait for summer to begin? You can use these last day of school social media captions. Don’t forget to add some last day of school hashtags.
- “Tomorrow is my last day of school…and that means summer break!”
- “I always miss school when I leave, no matter much I gripe about it.”
- “I want to yell and scream because school is out!”
- “I’m trading in my books for poolside beverages. Non-alcoholic, of course.”
- “I’m ready for Malibu road trips and strawberry ice cream.”
- “School is fine, but I’m looking forward to going to the pool.”
- “The first and last days of school are the greatest.”
- “More hues, fewer grades.”
- “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
Sad Last Day of School Quotes
Whether you’d like to admit it or not, the last day of school is not only the most wonderful time of the year; attending the last class can be sad, especially if you are moving away to start your freshman year in college. But, remember, it also marks a brand-new ending.
- “I’m actually really excited for school to start, yet half sad at the same time because this is my last year of high school.”- Unknown
- “You grow up so fast in high school. It’s not something you wait for, it just kind of happens. One day you’ll look back and be proud of who you’ve become, but at the same time, you’ll miss who you were.” – Unknown
- “No matter how much you think you hate school, you’ll always miss it when you leave.” – Unknown
- “I am happy to be leaving high school but incredibly sad to be leaving the people who I’ve made all these memories with.” – Unknown
- “When I entered high school I couldn’t wait to grow up. Now that I’m leaving high school I want to be a kid again.” – Unknown
- “Let’s do what we love, and let’s do a lot of it.” – Marc Jacobs.
Funny Last Day of School Quotes
Everyone appreciates humorous comments about school life, whether it’s about the end of the school year or memorable school events. Furthermore, light-hearted quotes and witty sayings about being a student have never been harmful to anyone. Here are some of the funniest school quotes to share with your pals.
- “They told me that practice makes perfect in school.” After they told me that no one is flawless, I quit practicing.” – Steven Wright
- “What I remember most about high school are the memories I created with my friends.” – J. J. Watt
- “My mother wakes me up for school, but she has no idea my favorite sleeping spot is on the final bench.” – Unknown
- “You can take my body to school, but my spirit will not accompany me.” – Unknown
- “High School appears to be a good time on TV, but it is not in reality.” – Unknown
- “The true dread is waking up one morning to find your high school graduating class is in charge of the country.” – Unknown
- “The first day of school: The day when the countdown to the last day of the school begins.” – Unknown
- “I always say a prayer before Math class.” – Unknown
- “I’m going to be missing the dining hall waffles the most, but that’s about it.” – Unknown
- “There are only two locations whereby timing takes priority over the job at hand: school and prison.” – Unknown
- “We all learn by our experiences, but some must attend summer school.” – Peter De Vries
- “So often you find that the students you’re trying to inspire are the ones that end up inspiring you.” – Vicky Davis.
Last Day of School Quotes for Teachers
You can love or detest them, but teachers undoubtedly play a significant influence in one’s formative years.
- “A wise teacher does not invite you inside his knowledge mansion but rather brings you to the doorway of your mind.” – Unknown
- “Those who teach children well deserve to be appreciated more than parents, because parents only gave life; the few who teach kids well give them the ability to live well.” – Aristotle
- “A great teacher is more like a torch in that it destroys itself to illuminate the path for others.” – Unknown
- “I believe that thankfulness is delight multiplied by wonder and that thanks are indeed the absolute pinnacle of thought.” – Unknown
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.”– Oprah Winfrey
- “If I had the chance to tell you, you have been the best instructor on the planet.” – Unknown
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “I call my students ‘my kids’ because in our year together, they aren’t just kids on my class list, they become a part of my heart.” – Unknown
End of School Year Quotes for Friends
Saying goodbye to your friends and classmates is never easy, but finding the appropriate words to communicate how you feel can help make it easier. Make sure they know you’ll always be around them, no matter how far away they are. We’ve compiled a list of last-day-of-school statements to make saying goodbye easier.
- “We don’t realize that we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun.” – Unknown
- “The old ones are still the best. Old genes, Old boots, Old friends, Old tunes, and Old times.” – Unknown
- “Friends are like muffins in a bad day. They make you all warm and fluffy inside, chasing the bad vibes away.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is: Chating and wasting time when we have exam next day.” – Unknown
- “Making new friends should not mean losing old ones.” – Unknown
- “When I say I miss school I mean my friends and fun, not the school.” – Unknown
Whether you were the underdog or the class leader, the last day of school can be one of the most bittersweet accomplishments you’ll experience in life. If you are lost for words, just remember to enjoy the moment and share without trying to think of something original. And besides, you’ve worked your tail off throughout the year with essays, textbooks library study sessions, and pop quizzes you’d rather forget!
RELATED ARTICLES MORE FROM AUTHOR
20+ Best Gifts for Male Teachers: Gift Ideas for 2023
160 ‘Thank You’ Notes for Teachers to Show Your Appreciation
50 US States in Alphabetical Order: List of States in USA
Back to School Supply List 2023: School Supply List
Best Baby Books for Boys 2023: Guide for Newborns, Infants, & Toddlers
Best Laptops for Teachers 2023
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login
FREE SHIPPING on all US Contiguous orders $85+
- Magnets MAGNETS & MORE All Magnetic Letters & Boards Solid Alphabet Magnets Rainbow Alphabet Magnets Magnet Boards Letter Board Accessories Magnet Accents & Add-ons Build A Letter Board Bundle POPULAR COLLECTIONS Best Sellers Educational Home Decor Favs Collegiate Bundles For Menu Makers 🎁 Gifting Favorites 🚨 SALE SEASONAL COLLECTIONS 💕 Valentine's Day 🐇 Easter/Spring 🇺🇸 Patriotic 🏖 Summer ✏️ Back to School 🍁 Autumn 🎃 Halloween 🕎 Hanukkah 🎄Christmas COLLABS Joy Creative Shop Readers to Dreamers
- Stickers SHOP COLLECTIONS All Vinyl Stickers New Stickers! Best Sellers Quote Stickers Graphic Stickers SHOP BY THEME 📅 Everyday Quotes 🐶 Furry Friends 🏕 The Great Outdoors 🌊 By The Sea 🍔 Food & Beverage 💕 Love & Marriage 😜 Sassy & Snarky SHOP BY RECIPIENT For Mamas For Dads For Book Lovers For Grammar Geeks For Plant Lovers For Pet Lovers For Kiddos SHOP BY REGION Southern New England Midwestern Mountain Desert West Coast Pacific Northwest
- All Stationery
- Greeting Cards
- Grift Wrap & Tags
You are eligible to free shipping!
Spend $125 more and get Free Standard Shipping on Contiguous US Domestic Orders Only
Get your packages even faster with Priority Handling. This enables us to add your order to the top of our queue and get it pulled, packed, and out the door within 1 business day.
Add a little additional protection for orders that are lost, stolen, or damaged in transit. We'll reship your order within 1 business day - no questions asked.
Ensure that your package is safely delivered to the correct address in the hands of an actual human with the addition of Signature Confirmation.
- icon-chevron Magnets
- View all icon-chevron
- icon-chevron MAGNETS & MORE
- All Magnetic Letters & Boards icon-chevron
- Solid Alphabet Magnets icon-chevron
- Rainbow Alphabet Magnets icon-chevron
- Magnet Boards icon-chevron
- Letter Board Accessories icon-chevron
- Magnet Accents & Add-ons icon-chevron
- Build A Letter Board Bundle icon-chevron
- icon-chevron POPULAR COLLECTIONS
- Best Sellers icon-chevron
- Educational icon-chevron
- Home Decor Favs icon-chevron
- Collegiate Bundles icon-chevron
- For Menu Makers icon-chevron
- 🎁 Gifting Favorites icon-chevron
- 🚨 SALE icon-chevron
- icon-chevron SEASONAL COLLECTIONS
- 💕 Valentine's Day icon-chevron
- 🐇 Easter/Spring icon-chevron
- 🇺🇸 Patriotic icon-chevron
- 🏖 Summer icon-chevron
- ✏️ Back to School icon-chevron
- 🍁 Autumn icon-chevron
- 🎃 Halloween icon-chevron
- 🕎 Hanukkah icon-chevron
- 🎄Christmas icon-chevron
- icon-chevron COLLABS
- Joy Creative Shop icon-chevron
- Readers to Dreamers icon-chevron
- icon-chevron Stickers
- icon-chevron SHOP COLLECTIONS
- All Vinyl Stickers icon-chevron
- New Stickers! icon-chevron
- Quote Stickers icon-chevron
- Graphic Stickers icon-chevron
- icon-chevron SHOP BY THEME
- 📅 Everyday Quotes icon-chevron
- 🐶 Furry Friends icon-chevron
- 🏕 The Great Outdoors icon-chevron
- 🌊 By The Sea icon-chevron
- 🍔 Food & Beverage icon-chevron
- 💕 Love & Marriage icon-chevron
- 😜 Sassy & Snarky icon-chevron
- icon-chevron SHOP BY RECIPIENT
- For Mamas icon-chevron
- For Dads icon-chevron
- For Book Lovers icon-chevron
- For Grammar Geeks icon-chevron
- For Plant Lovers icon-chevron
- For Pet Lovers icon-chevron
- For Kiddos icon-chevron
- icon-chevron SHOP BY REGION
- Southern icon-chevron
- New England icon-chevron
- Midwestern icon-chevron
- Mountain icon-chevron
- Desert icon-chevron
- West Coast icon-chevron
- Pacific Northwest icon-chevron
- icon-chevron Stationery
- All Stationery icon-chevron
- Greeting Cards icon-chevron
- Grift Wrap & Tags icon-chevron
- About Us icon-chevron
16 Last Day of School Quotes to Finish out the School Year
School is out for the Summer! Well, almost.
Before we can think about vacation plans , soaking up the sun, summer camps, and lounging around on the beach, we have to finish all of the end of the school year activities. There are tests to take, homework to forget (senior-itis, amiright?), and class parties to enjoy!
We started the year with sharpened pencils , new crayons, a fresh haircut, and a positive attitude. And now we’re ending it with flat erasers and torn notebooks, but also with closer friendships and a lot more knowledge in our heads. Sounds like a good tradeoff, if you ask us.
Whatever grade you’re in and whatever kind of school you attend, the last day of school is bittersweet. It’s the end of something and endings are often a little sad. But it’s also the beginning of the rest and relaxation we all need and then another new school year, which you’ll enter a little older, a little wiser, and maybe a little more tan from your Summer travels.
On the last day of school, it’s time to say bye to all of our friends, classmates, and teachers. It’s the day to get our yearbooks signed and clean out our lockers. If you’re a teacher, grades are done! And if you’re a parent, summer plans are made (maybe)! We’re all ready to enjoy ourselves for the next few months and then start the school year all over again in the Fall!
In honor of the last day of the school year, here are 16 quotes for your letter board that can be appreciated by students, teachers, and parents alike!
- The two best days of school: the first and the last.
- The first day of school: the day when the countdown to the last day of school begins.
- Finish the year strong!
- “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” - Dr. Suess
- Let the next adventure begin! Happy last day!
- Look how far you’ve come!
- Happiness is the last day of school!
- A teacher’s three favorite words: June, July, and August
- You remind me of school in the summertime: no class.
- “No, you can’t have extra credit. It’s the last day of school.” - Every teacher
- School’s out for the summer. School's out forever.
- No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher’s dirty looks.
- So long, school! Hello, Summer!
- School is out! Scream and shout!
- Keep calm and finish strong.
- Every end is a beginning.
Display your last day of school quotes with Soft Magnetic letters in vibrant colors that remind us of Summer, such as Dandy Lion , Uncut Grass , or Tropical Teal !
Getting ready to go back to school? Check out our blog post with 10 Back to School Quotes for Letter Boards !
- Celebrate Every Day
- Gift Guides
- New Product
- Quote Ideas
Shop Popular categories
Want the skinny on new drops, discounts, and more?
60+ Last Day of School Quotes That Will Touch Your Heart
Last day of school is often emotional and exciting at the same time. A part of your life you enjoyed and in which you made a lot of friends is coming to an end. At the same time, you are heading to a new phase of your life which is equally exciting. So here are some emotional last day of school quotes for you.
Emotional Last Day of School Quotes
“That bittersweet feeling is even more intense on the best day of your life. After years, all of your hard work has finally paid off. You’re officially graduated from school.”
“I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.” – Jenny Han
“The only way I could describe what kissing him felt like was, like the last day of school, knowing that months of freedom and sunshine lay before you, the feeling that you could do anything you wanted and time stretched out in endless possibilities.” ― Robin Benway
“It is a perfect day for the final day of school. Blue skies, warm sun, and the smell of summertime in the air. What could be better? Not much else to do besides kicking back, relaxing and celebrating another successful year.”
“The last day of school is here, we’ve watched as you made new friends, conquered new challenges, and learned more every day. What will the future hold for you?”
“The last day of school is always a little bittersweet. You’re officially an adult and ready to take on the world. But, at the same time…it’s sort of sad.”
“It’s the last day of school and we can’t wait to see what the future holds for us”!
“Whether you’re starting a new chapter or embarking on an entirely new adventure, here’s to all the possibilities the future has in store.”
“And so the school year comes to a close. We are sending you a big hug and wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.”
“The last day of school is here. There’s no better time to start the dreams.”
“It’s almost the last day of school. Time to say goodbye to the past and hello to the future!”
“How about one more time to say goodbye to the best years of your life?”
“We are so excited for you to be on your way, and we’re sending you off with some of the best memories since the last day in school into your future ahead.”
“Since the last day in school, how much do you wish you could go back and tell your younger self something?”
“Today is the last day of school, but it’s also one of the best days of your life. Today you’re going to make all your dreams come true. It’s a day to be bold and brave, to think big and set high goals. So don’t be shy, don’t be nervous—go out there and do exactly what you want.”
“Today is your last day of school but can be the first day of the rest of your life. Every moment of it has been leading up to this. You have all the tools you need to succeed, so take the leap and go for it!”
“The last day of school also means the day you can finally start to make a real difference in the world.”
“One day you’ll look back on the memories you made in your school days and wish you could relive them. One day you’ll be nostalgic for school if you aren’t already.”
“Thinking back school was not relaxing and calming, with a lot of fun, most importantly made trained us to focus on our passions and feel the joy of being young without all of the pressures of adulthood.”
“The last day of school means one big question: what are you going to do next?”
“The last day of school. The last day to be a kid and learn about the world outside my comfort zone.”
“After 15 years, we’re celebrating our last day of school this year with a party. How could we forget that bittersweet day in our life?”
“The last day of school is also about looking forward to your future and making it happen.”
“I will always remember the last day of school as the best day. I had so much fun, people! I hope you did too.”
“So many memories, so much to say but let’s just enjoy this last day of school together.”
“I’ll never forget this last day of school. I’m so thankful for the memories I made and all the fun friends I found here.”
“What’s the one thing you miss the most about school? EVERYTHING”
“In a few moments, I will be walking out of this building for the last time. I hope to remember the first day of the school.”
“Today marks the last day of school for me. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow holds, but I’ll miss my teachers and everyone else we’ve met along the way.”
“Here is my short and sweet goodbye speech on the last day of my school life. I have been thinking about it for a long time but we all know some words are better unsaid.”
“The last day of school felt like losing a sense of childhood nostalgia.”
“On the last day of our school life we never thought we would miss it but never stopped missing it since.”
“It’s the last day of school and it is sad. But we all knew, the memories we made today will last a lifetime.”
“We’re not just saying goodbye to school and hello to the real world. We’re saying goodbye to our childhoods and hello to a whole new set of adventures.
“Our kids are growing up so fast, it’s hard to believe that this is our last day of school.”
“The last day of school is always the hardest for the teachers to bid goodbye to their students once again.”
“SAD DAYS, GREAT MEMORIES on this last day of school.”
“Since the last day of school, there hasn’t been a day thinking life is so much better when you’re in school.”
“So many great memories. So much to say goodbye to on the last day of school.”
“On the last day of school, all you can do is smile and say goodbye.”
“Here’s to the last day of school. And here’s to the next steps of your journey.”
“We hope you don’t have too many fond memories of the last day of school, but we focus on the positive impact those days can have on your future.”
“Here’s to friendship, fun and a lifetime of memories on the last day of school.”
“No one will ever forget the last day of school. You’ll walk out, knowing that you did your best, and all of your friends are there to support you. You may be sad for the first time not having to do any more homework.”
“I miss the days when school was full of excitement, laughter and love. Bye forever, my school.”
“Thank you for letting me be part of your lives. I’ll miss these times and hope we can spend this school life altogether in our next life.”
“You’ll miss the cafeteria crowd, you’ll miss the staircases, and you’ll miss that warm feeling when your friends greeted in the morning.”
“It’s the last day of school, and you’re feeling sad. But as you walk home with your friends, you think of all the memories this place has given you. And as you look back at everything, you realize that it was worth it.”
“Dear school, you were the best days of my life. Thanks for teaching me how to push through challenges, fight for what I want, and make lifelong friends along the way. For everything you’ve given me all these years, I thank you.”
“Dear school, the years I spent in your halls were the best of my life. It’s hard to believe that school is really over. Thank you for teaching me how to grow confident, communicate with others, and work towards my goals. I wouldn’t be who I am without you.”
“Dear school, in case I don’t get the chance to say this again, thank you for all the great times. I learned a lot about myself and others. And most importantly, I gained valuable friendships.”
“Saying goodbye can be tough, but looking back on the good times you shared will help you cherish these moments forever.”
“As you sit here on the last day of school reflecting on all your past years, you’re filled with gratitude. You have so many people to thank for helping you get here. So many people who have pushed you to do better, and get better. And though there is still a long way to go, you can reflect proudly on how far you’ve come.”
“The last day of school is always a great day. You will reminisce about your favourite moments in school, and then get to start the next chapter in your life.”
“When the last bell rings, you can’t help but smile. You’re done with school life and you can’t wait to see what’s in store for your future.”
“Grab your best friends and get ready to make the last day of school one to remember.”
“Sometimes you have to say goodbye to good things because a new beginning is waiting for you.”
“What happens when you say goodbye to the school that shaped you?”
“You’re not sad until you realize that it’s your last day of school and you have to say goodbye to all your friends.”
“Our final day at school is bittersweet. We’ve grown so much, but now it’s time to go our separate ways. I can’t wait to watch all of us achieve all of our dreams
“Last day of school, so many memories were made. So much to appreciate now that we’re grown up and can see it from the outside. Here’s to those who never gave up on their dreams—you guys are fantastic!”
“It’s a sad day when you say goodbye to your best friends and teachers. But, for some, it’s a happy day knowing that you’ll grow into the person you’ve always wanted to be.”
20+ Everyone Comes in Your Life for a Reason Quotes 10+ The Best Things in Life Are People We Love Quotes
Last Day Of School Quotes
Dogs teach us a lot of things but none more important than to love unconditionally
Men go shopping to buy what they need. Women go shopping to find out what they want
What a beautiful world it would be if people had hearts like dogs
I like me a little bit more when i'm with you
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why
Having you in my life made everything better
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
My Last Day at School Essay for 10th Class
My last day at school essay for outstanding students.
My Last day at school essay is here with unique wording and more than 400 words.
A man has a lot of good and bad memories of his past. It is one of the best things when you think about your school days after getting into practical life. Probably you forget about your first day at school but you can never forget your last day at school. The first and last days at school are of unique significance for students. While the first day of school may cause anxiety, fear and nervousness, the last day is surely a day of hope, confidence and preparedness.
My last day at school is still fresh in my memory. I felt very relaxed because there was no teaching work that day. May heavy satchel was off my back at last. It was a big relief for me and my other class fellows. I took the bus quite leisurely and got off that the school bus stop. My school was a bit walking distance from this point. So, I started walking with my other class fellows who were already there. We started moving to the school making way through small groups of schoolfellows of other classing, talking noisily and a good many embracing with one another.
Farewell Party by the Juniors of 9th Class
We were here because our juniors of ninth class hosted a farewell party. It was amazing to be their feeling that we are the seniors and are being entertained by the junior schoolmates. There was a good arrangement of eating which was arranged by the students of 9 th class. The menu was not too big but a verity of things to eat was available. The entertained us with a variety of sweet-meat and tea.
After refreshment, a little ceremony was arranged. Our worthy headmaster and kind teachers also participated in it. It was all started with reciting Holy Quran and later a boy recited a Naat and delighted the audience with his melodious voice. Some formal farewell speeches were made on the occasion. In the end, the headmaster addressed the gathering and advised the students to work with devotion and be well-mannered to succeed and prosper in life. Before dispersing we thanked our juniors for their nice farewell party. It was one of the memorable days of my life and I cannot forget it throughout my life.
If you want to get more essays Click Here .
- More In English Essays
Essay Writing 101: The Basics That Every Writer Should Know
Students and Social Service Essay with Quotations
Load Shedding in Pakistan Essay – 1200 Words
October 22, 2018 at 6:51 am
This essay is very helpful to all students 🥀💕🌹 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
October 22, 2018 at 6:53 am
July 23, 2022 at 10:14 am
There is a mistake some copy paste might get scolded 2nd paragraph end of third line
August 4, 2022 at 5:39 am
Please highlight the mistake. Thank you for your interest.
October 7, 2023 at 2:57 pm
No quotations from your essay
October 7, 2023 at 2:54 pm
Yes highlight the mistake 😉😁
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Privacy Policty
- Terms of Service
- Advertise with Us