- Save your essays here so you can locate them quickly!
- Civil Rights Act Of 1964
- United States Constitution
If I were President 2 Pages 516 Words
If I were president I would strive to accomplish these three major things. First, I would strengthen our educational system, second, I would make certain that everyone has equal and fair treatment in our society, and lastly, I would secure our borders. Our education system in America is not one in which we should be very proud of. Yes, America does have excellent schools, colleges, and learning institutions, but our standards are not set as high as other countries. For example, our country does not fund our schools adequately. Teachers teach with not enough books, no supplies, or books that are often over 20 years old. How can we expect our children to be up to date with the worlds information if our teaching materials are not new? Often teachers in our public schools are forced to buy text books and supplies for our children with their own personal money. Why do they do this? Because they believe in a good education for all learners. Our country "prides" itself on the quality of education a person can receive here, yet teachers are one of the countries lowest paid professionals. If I were president, I would also make sure that everyone in this country was treated equal and fair. The 13th Amendment to the constitution did abolish slavery, and the 14th Amendment was passed to counter the black codes, but in reality, discrimination still occurs in every aspect today in America. Discrimination is not just a black and white issue, it also has to do with age, gender, equal housing, religion, national origin, and credit, to name a few. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 helped to reinstate what the amendments tried to do early in history, but there is still much to be done. Companies need to be regulated better, and stricter rules need to be enforced and fined if necessary. Every American deserves the right to be treated with equality and fairness whether they are male or female, old or young, or non white. ...
Continue reading this essay Continue reading
Page 1 of 2
- Free Samples
- Premium Essays
- Editing Services Editing Proofreading Rewriting
- Extra Tools Essay Topic Generator Thesis Generator Citation Generator GPA Calculator Study Guides Donate Paper
- Essay Writing Help
- About Us About Us Testimonials FAQ
- If I Were President
If I Were President - Essay Example
- Subject: English
- Type: Essay
- Level: Masters
- Pages: 1 (250 words)
- Downloads: 61
- Author: leone44
Extract of sample "If I Were President"
If I Were the President Presidents perform various tasks for their citizens and this requires a dedicated, and an active support team. Currently, terrorism is threatening international peace and each president needs to protect the locals. If I were to become the president, I would ensure that citizens have adequate access to medical, recreational and development facilities to enable them contribute to the social and economic affairs of the country. If I were the president, I would ensure that citizens get access to all the necessary amenities, including medical care and learning facilities.
For instance, providing affordable insurance covers is a way of enabling accessibility to medical care. This is because all citizens are free to seek medical attention whenever the need arises. I would also strengthen security operations within the country to attract foreign investors and boost the confidence of the citizens in undertaking their endeavors without fear.As a president, I would improve development and recreational facilities in order to develop productive workers. Training helps in the preparation of workers who contribute to the economic growth of a country.
Similarly, recreational activities make people healthy and active in building the nation. Sports activities are also foreign relations tools since they bring together players and supporters from other countries. Fostering international association facilitates trading activities that develop economies and improving citizens’ living standards. Presidents who engage the citizens in decision-making get the chance to understand the people’s requirements and development strategies. Considering the above, if I were the president, I would concentrate on aspects that enable the citizens to participate in nation building.
I would give more youths the chance to explore their skills by enacting policies that relate to their affairs and job creation. This minimizes the dependence on social welfare benefits, which breeds laziness and criminal offenses.
- Cited: 14 times
- Copy Citation Citation is copied Copy Citation Citation is copied Copy Citation Citation is copied
CHECK THESE SAMPLES OF If I Were President
Compare and contrast the powers of a prime minister and a president, speech of president obama in cairo, president john f. kennedy's assassination, salvage of endangered species, president reagan - the role of a lifetime, the power of the american president to persuade, choose a president, student government and class president.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- COOKIES POLICY
- Latest Topics
- Speaking Club
If I were a President, I would do
IELTS essay If I were a President, I would do
- Structure your answers in logical paragraphs
- ? One main idea per paragraph
- Include an introduction and conclusion
- Support main points with an explanation and then an example
- Use cohesive linking words accurately and appropriately
- Vary your linking phrases using synonyms
- Try to vary your vocabulary using accurate synonyms
- Use less common question specific words that accurately convey meaning
- Check your work for spelling and word formation mistakes
- Use a variety of complex and simple sentences
- Check your writing for errors
- Answer all parts of the question
- ? Present relevant ideas
- Fully explain these ideas
- Support ideas with relevant, specific examples
- ? Currently is not available
- Meet the criteria
- Doesn't meet the criteria
- 5.5 band Some people argue that government should provide free housing to the citizens who cannot afford it. with this statement. Public who do not afford to own houses should be given free homes by the government is advocated by many people. I agree to this statement to a lower extent. On the one side, providing free shelter by the government to poorer public offers numerous benefits. Firstly, the public which is incapable t ...
- 5.5 band Sports should be compulsory in school. While studies in science and commerce are being glorified by present-day schools, physical education is often overlooked. As much as our brains need to be shaped by fine ideas, our bodies need not be ignored. Practicing sports not only ensures the physical well-being of students, but keeps their min ...
- A foreign language is like a frail, delicate muscle. If you do not use it, it weakens. Jhumpa Lahiri
- 5 band Write a short paragraph (about 100 – 150 words) to describe the benefits of teaching sports at school? The importance of sports education at school can be a key to open a healthy body and mental. However, nowadays, many subjects at school are taught principally about science, culture and tend to ignore physical education. The benefits of sports in education are massive, it is a positive impact on stu ...
- 6 band With the advancement of technology people are reading newspaper and book on online for free, with this development many people are less likely to purchase printed newspaper and books. With the advancement of technology people are reading newspaper and book on online for free, with this development many people are less likely to purchase printed newspaper and books. This essay firmly disagree with the view as most of the online books are copy righted so, people need to pay for tho ...
- He who knows no foreign languages know nothing of his own. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 5 band describe the benefits of teaching sports at school? The importance of sports education at school can be a key to open a healthy body and mental. However, nowadays, many subjects at school are taught principally about science, culture and tend to ignore physical education. The benefits of sports in education are massive, it is a positive impact on stu ...
- 6 band Many health peoblem are caused by sugar which can be found in several manufactured foods and drinks, consumers can be discourage to eat these produucts by making sugar or sugary products expensive. Many health peoblem are caused by sugar which can be found in several manufactured foods and drinks, consumers can be discourage to eat these produucts by making sugar or sugary products expensive. This essay firmly disagree with the view of making sugary products expensive, as, it can disturb the e ...
- He who knows no foreign languages knows nothing of his own. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe