- Data Science Courses in USA
- Business Analytics Courses in USA
- Engineering Courses in USA
- Tax Courses in USA
- Healthcare Courses in USA
- Language Courses in USA
- Insurance Courses in USA
- Digital Marketing Courses in USA
- Masters in Data Analytics in USA
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering in USA
- Masters in Supply Chain Management in USA
- Masters in Computer Science in USA
- MBA in Finance in USA
- Masters in Architecture in USA
- Cornell University
- Yale University
- Princeton University
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of Harvard
- Stanford University
- Arizona State University
- Northeastern University
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Data Analytics
- MS in Computer Science
- Project Management Courses in Australia
- Accounting Courses in Australia
- Medical Courses in Australia
- Psychology Courses in Australia
- Interior Designing Courses in Australia
- Pharmacy Courses in Australia
- Social Work Courses in Australia
- Fashion Designing Courses in Australia
- MBA in Australia
- Masters in Education in Australia
- Masters in Pharmacy in Australia
- Masters in Information Technology in Australia
BBA in Australia
- Masters in Teaching in Australia
- Masters in Psychology in Australia
- University of Melbourne
- Deakin University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Monash University
- University of Sydney
- University of Queensland
- RMIT University
- Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- Data Science Courses in Canada
- Business Management Courses in Canada
- Supply Chain Management Courses in Canada
- Project Management Courses in Canada
- Business Analytics Courses in Canada
- Hotel Management Courses in Canada
- Accounting Courses in Canada
- Management Courses in Canada
- MBA in Canada
- MS in Canada
- Masters in Computer Science in Canada
- Masters in Management in Canada
- Masters in Psychology in Canada
- Masters in Education in Canada
- MBA in Finance in Canada
- Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
- University of Alberta
- York University
- University of Calgary
- Algoma University
- University Canada West
- BBA in Canada, Trinity Western University
- BBA in Canada, Yorkville University
- Project Management Courses in UK
- Data Science Courses in UK
- Public Health Courses in UK
- Digital Marketing Courses in UK
- Hotel Management Courses in UK
- Nursing Courses in UK
- Medicine Courses in UK
- Interior Designing Courses in UK
- Masters in Computer Science in UK
- Masters in Psychology in UK
- MBA in Finance in UK
- MBA in Healthcare Management in UK
- Masters in Education in UK
- Masters in Marketing in UK
- MBA in HR in UK
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Coventry University
- University of East London
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Birmingham
- Imperial College London
- University of Glasgow
- MBA with Work Placement
- MSc Data Science with Work Placement
- Universities in Germany
- Study in Germany
- Masters in Germany
- Courses in Germany
- Bachelors in Germany
- Germany Job Seeker Visa
- Cost of Living in Germany
- Best Universities in Germany
- Masters in Data Science in Germany
- MS in Computer Science in Germany
- Marine Engineering in Germany
- MS Courses in Germany
- Masters in Psychology in Germany
- Hotel Management Courses in Germany
- Masters in Economics in Germany
- Paramedical Courses in Germany
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- University of Bonn
- University of Freiburg
- University of Hamburg
- University of Stuttgart
- Saarland University
- Mannheim University
- Master of Business Administration (90 ECTS)
- MS Data Science 60 ECTS
- Master in Computer Science (120 ECTS)
- MBA in Ireland
- Phd in Ireland
- Masters in Computer Science Ireland
- Cyber Security in Ireland
- Masters in Data Analytics Ireland
- Ms in Data Science in Ireland
- Pharmacy courses in ireland
- Business Analytics Course in Ireland
- Universities in Ireland
- Study in Ireland
- Masters in Ireland
- Courses in Ireland
- Bachelors in Ireland
- Cost of Living in Ireland
- Ireland Student Visa
- Part Time Jobs in Ireland
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- University of Limerick
- Dublin Business School
- Maynooth University
- University College Cork
- National College of Ireland
- MSc in Data Analytics
- MBS in Entrepreneurship and Marketing
Colleges & Courses
- Masters in France
- Phd in France
- Study Medicine in France
- Best Universities in Frankfurt
- Best Architecture Colleges in France
- ESIGELEC France
- Study in France for Indian Students
- Intakes in France
- SOP for France Visa
- Study in France from India
- Reasons to Study in France
- How to Settle in France
More About France
- Cost of Living in France
- France Study Visa
- Cost of Living in Frankfurt
- France Scholarship for Indian Students
- Part Time Jobs in France
- Stay Back in France After Masters
- MSc Artificial Intelligence Engineering
- MSc Data Engineering
- Universities in Finland
- Study in Finland
- Courses in Finland
- Bachelor Courses in Finland
- Masters Courses in Finland
- Cost of Living in Finland
- MS in Finland
- Average Fees in Finland Universities
- PhD in Finland
- MBA Leading Business Transformation
- MBA Business Technologies
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine & Surgery
- MBBS Courses in Georgia
- MBBS Courses in Russia
- Alte University
- Caucasus University
- Georgian National University SEU
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- Caspian International School Of Medicine
- Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
- Cremeia Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Andijan State Medical Institute
- IELTS Syllabus
- IELTS Prepration
- IELTS Eligibility
- IELTS Test Format
- IELTS Band Descriptors
- IELTS Speaking test
- IELTS Writing Task 1
- IELTS score validity
IELTS Cue Card
Ielts reading answers sample.
- Animal Camouflage
- Types Of Societies
- Australia Convict Colonies
- A Spark A Flint
- Emigration To The Us
- The History Of Salt
- Zoo Conservation Programmes
- The Robots Are Coming
- The Development Of Plastic
IELTS Speaking Cue Card Sample
- Describe A Puzzle You Have Played
- Describe A Long Walk You Ever Had
- Describe Your Favourite Movie
- Describe A Difficult Thing You did
- Describe A Businessman You Admire
- Memorable Day in My Life
- Describe Your Dream House
- Describe A Bag You Want to Own
- Describe a Famous Athlete You Know
- Aquatic Animal
IELTS Essay Sample Sample
- Best Education System
- IELTS Opinion Essay
- Agree or Disagree Essay
- Problem Solution Essays
- Essay on Space Exploration
- Essay On Historical Places
- Essay Writing Samples
- Tourism Essay
- Global Warming Essay
- GRE Exam Fees
- GRE Exam Syllabus
- GRE Exam Eligibility
- Sections in GRE Exam
- GRE Exam Benefits
- GRE Exam Results
- GRE Cutoff for US Universities
- GRE Preparation
- Send GRE scores to Universities
GRE Exam Study Material
- GRE Verbal Preparation
- GRE Study Material
- GRE AWA Essays
- GRE Sample Issue Essays
- Stanford University GRE Cutoff
- Harvard University GRE Cutoff
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning
- GRE Verbal Reasoning
- GRE Reading Comprehension
- Prepare for GRE in 2 months
- Documents Required For Gre Exam
- GRE Exam Duration
- GRE at Home
- GRE vs GMAT
- Improve GRE Verbal Scores
Free GRE Ebooks
- GRE Preparation Guide (Free PDF)
- GRE Syllabus (Free PDF)
- GMAT Eligibility
- GMAT Syllabus
- GMAT Exam Dates
- GMAT Registration
- GMAT Exam Fees
- GMAT Sections
- GMAT Purpose
GMAT Exam Study Material
- How to prepare for GMAT?
- GMAT Score Validity
- GMAT Preparation Books
- GMAT Preparation
- GMAT Exam Duration
- GMAT Score for Harvard
- GMAT Reading Comprehension
- GMAT Retake Strategy
Free GMAT Ebooks
- GMAT Guide PDF
- Download GMAT Syllabus PDF
- TOEFL Exam Registration
- TOEFL Exam Eligibility
- TOEFL Exam Pattern
- TOEFL Exam Preparation
- TOEFL Exam Tips
- TOEFL Exam Dates
- Documents for TOEFL Exam
- TOEFL Exam Fee
TOEFL Exam Study Material
- TOEFL Preparation Books
- TOEFL Speaking Section
- TOEFL Score and Results
- TOEFL Writing Section
- TOEFL Reading Section
- TOEFL Listening Section
- TOEFL Vocabulary
- Types of Essays in TOEFL
Free TOEFL Ebooks
- TOEFL Exam Guide (Free PDF)
- PTE Exam Dates
- PTE Exam Syllabus
- PTE Exam Eligibility Criteria
- PTE Test Centers in India
- PTE Exam Pattern
- PTE Exam Fees
- PTE Exam Duration
- PTE Exam Registration
PTE Exam Study Material
- PTE Exam Preparation
- PTE Speaking Test
- PTE Reading Test
- PTE Listening Test
- PTE Writing Test
- PTE Essay Writing
- PTE exam for Australia
Free PTE Ebooks
- PTE Syllabus (Free PDF)
- Duolingo Exam
- Duolingo Test Eligibility
- Duolingo Exam Pattern
- Duolingo Exam Fees
- Duolingo Test Validity
- Duolingo Syllabus
- Duolingo Preparation
Duolingo Exam Study Material
- Duolingo Exam Dates
- Duolingo Test Score
- Duolingo Test Results
- Duolingo Test Booking
Free Duolingo Ebooks
- Duolingo Guide (Free PDF)
- Duolingo Test Pattern (Free PDF)
SAT & ACT Exam
- ACT Eligibility
- ACT Exam Dates
- SAT Syllabus
- SAT Exam Pattern
- SAT Exam Eligibility
USMLE & OET Exam
- USMLE Syllabus
- USMLE Preparation
- USMLE Step 1
- OET Syllabus
- OET Eligibility
- OET Prepration
- PLAB Exam Syllabus
- PLAB Exam Fees
- Study Guide
- LOR for Masters
- SOP Samples for MS
- LOR for Phd
- SOP for Internship
- SOP for Phd
- Check Visa Status
- Motivation Letter Format
- Motivation Letter for Internship
- F1 Visa Documents Checklist
- Popular Courses after Bcom in Abroad
- Part Time Jobs in Australia
- Part Time Jobs in USA
- Salary after MS in Germany
- Salary after MBA in Canada
- Average Salary in Singapore
- Higher Studies after MBA in Abroad
- Study in Canada after 12th
- Best Education System in World
- Best Flying Schools in World
- Top Free Education Countries
- Best Countries to Migrate from India
- 1 Year PG Diploma Courses in Canada
- Canada Vs India
- Germany Post Study Work Visa
- Post Study Visa in USA
- Data Science Vs Data Analytics
- Public Vs Private Universities in Germany
- Universities Vs Colleges
- Difference Between GPA and CGPA
- Undergraduate Vs Graduate
- MBA in UK Vs MBA in USA
- Degree Vs Diploma in Canada
- IELTS vs TOEFL
- Duolingo English Test vs. IELTS
- Why Study in Canada
- Cost of Living in Canada
- Education System in Canada
- SOP for Canada
- Summer Intake in Canada
- Spring Intake in Canada
- Winter Intake in Canada
- Accommodation in Canada for Students
- Average Salary in Canada
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada
- Why Study in USA
- Cost of Studying in USA
- Spring Intake in USA
- Winter Intake in USA
- Summer Intake in USA
- STEM Courses in USA
- Scholarships for MS in USA
- Acceptable Study Gap in USA
- Interesting Facts about USA
- Free USA course
- Why Study in UK
- Cost of Living in UK
- Cost of Studying in UK
- Education System in UK
- Summer Intake in UK
- Spring Intake in UK
- Student Visa for UK
- Accommodation in UK for Students
- Scholarships in UK
- Why Study in Germany
- Cost of Studying in Germany
- Education System in Germany
- SOP for Germany
- Summer Intake in Germany
- Winter Intake in Germany
- Study Visa for Germany
- Accommodation in Germany for Students
- Free Education in Germany
- Study in UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in USA
- Study in Australia
- SOP Samples for Canada Student Visa
- US F1 Visa Guide for Aspirants
- Duolingo Test Pattern
- Fully Funded Masters Guide
- SOP Samples For Australia
- Scholarships for Canada
- Data Science Guide
- SOP for MS in Computer Science
- Study Abroad Exams
- Alumni Connect
- Booster Program
GPA CALCULATOR Convert percentage marks to GPA effortlessly with our calculator!
Expense calculator plan your study abroad expenses with our comprehensive calculator, ielts band calculator estimate your ielts band score with our accurate calculator, education loan calculator discover your eligible loan amount limit with our education calculator, university partner explore growth and opportunities with our university partnership, accommodation discover your perfect study abroad accommodation here, experience-center discover our offline centers for a personalized experience, our offices visit us for expert study abroad counseling..
- Study Abroad
IELTS Essay on Health- Practice Samples
- IELTS Preparation
- IELTS Exam Pattern
- IELTS Listening Vocab
- IELTS E-Books
- IELTS Registration
- IELTS Exam Fee
- IELTS Exam Dates
- Documents Required
- IELTS Test Centers
- Computer v Paper based
- General Reading Sec.
- General Training Exam
- IELTS Academic
- TRF in IELTS
- Academic Vs General
- IELTS Listening Tips
- Speaking Band Score
- Listening Band Score
- Reading Band Score
- Band Score Chart
- 6.5 Band in IELTS
- IELTS Average Scores
- Score from 6.5 to 7
- Writing Task 2 Score
- Score Band 7
- IELTS Scorecard
- Speaking Topic-Answer
- Speaking Topics
- Confident in Speaking
- Speaking Preparation
- Test Format & Tips
- Band 7 in Speaking
- Phrases for Speaking
- Idioms for Speaking
- Speaking Tips
- Cue Card Sample 1
- Cue Card Sample 2
- Cue Card Sample 3
- Connector for Speaking
- Improve Reading Skills
- IELTS Academic Reading
- Reading Test Tips
- High Band in Reading
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Writing Task1 Academic
- Writing Task 2 Topics
- Band 7 for Writing
- Vocabulary for Writing
- Score in Writing Task
- Write Conclusion
- Tips for Writing Task2
- Writing Task 2 Essay
- IELTS Essay
- Writing Tips
- Preparation Books
- IELTS Pie Chart
- Essay in IELTS
- IELTS at Home
- Table Chart Task 1
- How to Get 9 Bands
- Improve Vocabulary
- Venue of IELTS Exam
- Speaking Introduction
- Task 1 Samples
- Double Question Essay
- IELTS 9 Band Essay
- IELTS 8 Band Essay
- Capital Punishment
- Causes & Effects Essay
- Business & Money Essay
- Modern TechnologyEssay
- IELTS Essay on Health
- IELTS Essay on Animals
- Art & Culture Essay
- Society Essay
- Advantages Essay
- Problems & Solution
- Tourism IELTS Essay
- Technology IELTS Essay
- Society IELTS Essay
- Public Places Essay
- Prevention IELTS Essay
- Easiest Way of Commun.
- Nowadays Many People
- Individual Greed&Self.
- Music is a Good Way
- AU IELTS Band
- IELTS For UK
- USA Without IELTS
- Europe without IELTS
- IELTS for USA
- Germany without IELTS
- UK without IELTS
- Ireland Without IELTS
- Canada Without IELTS
- IELTS For New Zealand
- IELTS Band for Canada
- SG without IELTS
- overseas ielts
- IELTS for Germany
- France Without IELTS
- CEFR Level in IELTS
- IELTS Univ. in USA
- IELTS Scholarship
- Send Score to Univer.
- Cue Card Sample 4
- Cue Card Sample 5
- Cue Card Sample 6
- Cue Card Sample 7
- Cue Card Sample 8
- Cue Card Sample 9
- Cue Card Sample 10
- Cue Card Sample 11
- Cue Card Sample 12
- Cue Card Sample 13
- Cue Card Sample 14
- Honesty Policy Essay
- Theme of poem Essay
- Social Media Essay
- IELTS Essay Sample
- Telecommuting Essay
- Digital India Paragrap
- Life Problems Essay
- Nuclear Family Essay
- Essay on Coronavirus
- Life in A Big City
- Learning Essay
- Clothes Brand Essay
- Advantages IELTS Essay
- Cost of Living Calculator
- IELTS Band Score Calculator
- Education Loan Calculator
- Online Percentage Calculator
- Canada PR Points Calculator
- SAT Score Calculator
- GMAT Score Calculator
- GRE Score Calculator
- Australia PR Points Calculator
- GRE to GMAT Score Conversion Calculator
Updated on 13 April, 2023
Study abroad expert.
Your IELTS essay on health should be written with some basic principles in mind. While appearing for the language proficiency test, you will have to complete the assignment in forty minutes. Ensure that you keep the minimum word count at 250. Thirdly, make sure that you present your argument logically and clearly. The essay should be well-presented, with everything outlined neatly.
Table of Contents
- Vocabulary For Health Essay
Other IELTS Health Essay Topics for Practice
- Prepare for IELTS With upGrad Abroad
Frequently Asked Questions
Study abroad without ielts, ielts essay on health sample essays.
Question- Some people claim that the Government should provide free health care. Others think that the Government will not provide the most innovative treatment methods and it’s better to invest those funds in education and culture. What is your opinion?
Essay 1 -
Health is a key concern for people worldwide. Especially in the past two years, we have seen how important health infrastructure and its access are. Most citizens want the Government to invest in the health sector and provide healthcare and medicines at subsidized rates. However, some people feel that the Government will not introduce innovative treatment methods in the healthcare space. It would be better to invest those funds in education or cultural pursuits instead. It is important to understand both sides before concluding.
Healthcare costs regularly increase, and individuals cannot pay for basic health facilities and checkups, especially in developing nations. Even if the Government cannot come up with more innovative healthcare methods, it can still offer free medical facilities to citizens who are unable to afford the same. Because only a healthy nation can be a productive nation. The Government may also ensure health insurance for free to secure the lives of citizens.
The education sector is also no less important. It should not be a choice, picking one sector over the other as both play a crucial role in the development and progress of any country. The Government should certainly invest in developing educational institutions throughout the country while coming up with more scholarships and financial grants for bright students who are pursuing higher education. The Government should emphasize healthcare and allocate funds for educational and socio-cultural development, which will uplift the community as a whole.
To conclude, it can be said that healthcare does require greater attention from the Government, considering that a majority of less-privileged citizens still lack access to basic healthcare facilities and their inability to afford the same. Healthcare will naturally be prioritized over education, although the Government should have a suitable allocation strategy for ramping up the education and cultural sectors as well.
Download E-Books for IELTS Preparation
Essay 2 -
Question- Many think that it is very difficult for people to maintain a healthy lifestyle in today's world. Others, however, feel that it is easy for people to be healthy and fit if they want to be. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
You should write at least 250 words.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle has become increasingly important, as witnessed first-hand by the world in the Covid-19 aftermath. Immunity and nutrition played an important role in combating the virus.
This knowledge is not new that health is happiness. With an increasingly sedentary lifestyle, several studies have raised concerns about the depreciating health of individuals and collective societies. While tech advancement has been a boon in many forms, it has also been a bane. As the screen time of individuals increases, the physical activities go down.
The rise of computer-based working styles and smartphones has contributed to inactive daily lives worldwide. People prefer to binge-watch shows or scroll on social media for hours than undertake sports or other physical activity. Eating habits have changed too, with a high dependency on processed and packaged foods, once again owing to the modern and fast-paced lives we lead.
Despite the hurdles stated above, it is still easier to stay healthy and fit in recent times owing to the sheer volume of information available on proper nutrition and wellness. There are articles, videos, podcasts, and tips aplenty for people to stay healthy amidst the vagaries of modern life. Today's general trend leans more towards awareness about healthy eating, organic foods, better lifestyle practices, and achieving fitness goals without excessive stress. Hence, it is still possible to take time out and gather information on building a healthier lifestyle. Technology itself has made it possible to stay updated and informed.
To conclude, it can be said that while there are more distractions and hindrances today for people to stay fit, it is always possible to get proper guidance at the click of a button and lay the foundation for a healthier and happier life.
Vocabulary For Health Essay
If you are preparing for the IELTS writing task 2 essay, you cannot overlook the topic ‘Health.’ Given below are some of the lexical terms that might help you in your preparation for the IELTS essay on health.
- Appetite – a desire to satiate a bodily need
- bacteria – microscopic, single-celled organisms that sustain in diverse environments
- obesity – the condition of putting on extra weight
- Pandemic- a disease that spreads over the whole world
- Ache – pain in any part of the body.
- cardiac-related to the heart
- collapse – fall and become unconscious
- fit – in good health
- gland – a group of cells in an animal’s body that synthesizes substances like hormones
- hormone – chemical substances acting as a messenger in the body
- immunity – a condition of being able to resist a particular disease
- lifestyle – the way of living
- medication – a drug that is used to cure or prevent disease
- dehydration – a reduction in the amount of water beyond permissible levels in the body
- epidemic – a widespread outbreak of an infectious disease
- nausea – a feeling of vomit
- rehabilitation – the action of restoring someone to health through therapy
- stamina – the capacity to sustain prolonged stress caused by activity
- Therapy – treatment intended to relieve or heal a disorder
- panic – sudden uncontrollable fear, causing unthinkable behavior
- vaccination –injecting a dead organism to evoke the body’s defense mechanism
against it by the production of antibodies that form a memory.
Many essay topics around health form part of the IELTS writing task. Some of the topics have been listed below for your practice:
Nowadays, the average weight of people is increasing while the levels of their fitness are declining. What as per you could be the reasons for it? How can it be tackled?
To lead a healthy life, one should opt for vegetarian food. Do you agree or disagree?
Many studies affirm that junk food is the major cause behind the declining health standards in people. What do you think?
Many organizations are motivating people to opt for healthy living by incentivizing them. Do you think this will bring some change in the lifestyle of the people?
Studies show that people with good habits are more likely to live long and fulfilling lives. What steps can be taken to encourage people to incorporate good habits into their daily lives?
The health of the country can be improved if we focus on community health. Do you agree? Cite down the ideas by which the health of the community can be improved.
People often go to work even if they are sick to meet the high job demands and sense of commitment. By doing this, they might accomplish important tasks, but pose serious health hazards for other people at work and make people prone to contracting a disease. In your opinion, should people go to work if they are sick?
Prepare for IELTS With upGrad Abroad
Suppose you have been facing problems preparing for IELTS at home . In that case, you can enroll in upGrad Abroad's booster program that helps in preparation for IELTS, academic writing, profile building, university application, education loan, and visa support.
The program costs INR 15,000 and is 100% refundable if a student starts their study abroad journey with us.
- It is a six-week-long course and offers the following for IELTS preparation :
- 25 hours of live online classes
- Four one-to-one doubt clearing sessions (30 mins each)
- Four one-to-one speaking practice sessions (30 mins each)
- 15 writing assignments with correction and feedback
- Two full-length mock tests
- One-to-one analysis of two full-length mock tests
How to write an IELTS essay on Health is Wealth?
Given below are some of the key points that you can include in your essay on health is wealth
- Cite the present situation and its repercussions; for instance, bad health can be related to less productivity which can be linked to a less performing economy and other possible dangers it may pose
- In the first paragraph, state all the reasons that lead to bad health. For instance, nowadays, people lead a fast-paced life with no time left for exercise and practice mindful eating. Stress adds to the already worsened condition and plays a leading role in generating ailments like obesity and high blood pressure
- In the second paragraph, you can write about the solutions that can be taken to keep the problems in check. For instance, you can write about the benefits of exercise and yoga in daily lives, mindful eating habits, and leading a stress-free lifestyle
- You can summarise all the key takeaways listed in the essay. This will be posted as a concluding paragraph for your essay.
How to write an IELTS essay on mental health?
Just like any essay, the structure for this essay also remains the same. Start with the introduction of the topic. Develop the essay in the body paragraphs by adding the causes for it and provide a solution in the proceeding body paragraph. Conclude the essay by highlighting all the key points. Some of the key points that you can include in your essay are:
- Introduction- Start by writing on the topic and introducing it with a well-formed definition. Go on by answering the questions like Why is it important? What is society’s attitude towards it? Mention the psychological illnesses. You can write that society is more accepting of physical illness than mental illness. Also, people with such cases are often ignored by their families and society, and in severe cases, they receive improper treatments only to tag them as madmen.
- Body: write about the lag in terms of lack of medical facilities and capacity to treat mental illnesses. Give reference to the discrimination that prevails at the time of allocating the budget to treat mental illnesses.
- Body: Write about the solution that can help in the betterment of mental health. Also, mention the need and sensitivity of the society to change the mindset toward mental health.
Conclusion: Summarise all the main points and end on a positive note.
Conclude the complete essay in not less than 250 words.
How health is affected by lifestyle?
To write about how health is affected by the lifestyle, you can make use of the points enlisted below
- Those who live an active lifestyle have a long span of life than those who do not
- Many factors like sedentary jobs, unmindful eating habits, wrong posture, and exposure to negative media, to name a few, affect our lifestyle and in turn health. It could lead to diseases like cancer and depression and bring home conditions like obesity. It also leads to less productivity at work
- With the incorporation of certain good habits like yoga, the ill-effects caused due to bad lifestyle could be reversed
- Yoga, meditation, mindful eating, and maintaining an active lifestyle can lead to good health and ultimately add years to our life.
How to write an essay on maintaining good health?
Just like any essay, the structure for this essay also remains the same. Start with the introduction of the topic. Develop the essay in the body paragraphs by adding the causes for it and provide a solution in the proceeding body paragraph. Conclude the essay by highlighting all the key points the essay. Some of the key points that you can include in your essay are as follows:
- Maintaining good health is very important these days, and comes with several rewards. It is about adopting those habits that help you in your mental, physical and emotional development
- Good health helps you to keep many diseases at bay and ensures a quick recovery
- In today’s world, many people are struggling with health issues that impact their quality of life in several ways
- Bad health can be a major impediment, and much of it owes to the lack of exercise and junk food. In the long run, a person’s body becomes home to many ailments like cancer and other fatal diseases
- Good health can be achieved by adopting good choices in our daily routine and following them persistently. Some of the measures that help maintain good health are practicing yoga, mindful eating, exercising, maintaining a good social circle, etc.
- Summarise all the key points.
What is the format/structure for the IELTS essay on health?
The format for the IELTS essay on Health is as follows:
Introduction- Start with the definition of health. Write about different kinds of health? What is people’s perspective towards it? Mention different factors that contribute to healthy living.
Body: write about the importance of health? How we can keep ourselves healthy. Mention all the practices. Mention the dangers that one faces if health is ignored.
Body: Write about the solution that can help in the betterment of health. Also, mention the need and sensitivity of the society to change the mindset toward health.
MS in Data Science in Germany
Save up to 20 Lakhs with upGrad Abroad
BBA in Canada
Study BBA in Canada & save INR 25 Lakhs
BCA in the USA
Study BCA in Australia & Save ₹ 20 Lakhs
Masters in Business Studies in Ireland
Save up to 20 Lakhs on MBS in Ireland
Study BBA in Australia & Save up to INR 20 Lakhs
Important resources for ielts, free study abroad counselling, trending searches, ielts sample essay, ielts reading answer.
- What Gets Sharper The More You Use It
- Paragraph On Digital India
- Nowadays Many People Choose To Be Self Employed
- Social Media Advantages and Disadvantages Essay
- Disadvantages of A Nuclear Family
- Telecommuting Has Many Advantages And the Following Drawbacks
- Understand the Most Important Characteristics of a Society
- How To Face Problems In Life
- Essay on Coronavirus 150 Words
- Young People Are Often Influenced By Their Peers
- Essay On Generation Gap
- Letter Email Telephone Are Example Of Communication Channels
- Life in A Big City Paragraph
- Theme Of The Poem The Road Not Taken
- Honesty is the Best Policy Essay
- Write About Your Family
- Learning is A Continuous Process
- Famous Brands Of Clothes
- Difference Between Online And Offline Classes
- Advantages of Plastic Containers
- Describe A Tradition in your Country
- Describe a Perfect Job You Would Like To Have in the Future
- Describe a tall building in your city
- Describe a city that you think is very interesting
- Describe A Quiet Place You Like To Spend Time In
- Describe an exciting book that you enjoy reading
- Describe a time when you needed to use your imagination
- Describe A Computer/Phone Game You Enjoy Playing Since Your Childhood
- Describe A Good Law In Your Country
- Describe An Ambition that You haven?t Achieved
- Describe a leisure activity in or on the sea
- Describe A Toy You Liked in Your Childhood
- Describe A Time When You Were Really Close To A Wild Animal
- SAT Exam Syllabus
- What is ACT Exam?
- GRE Waiver Universities in USA
- PTE Pattern
- MBA in UK without Gmat
- TOEFL Full Form
- MBA in Germany without GMAT
- USMLE full form
- GRE test Centers
- GRE Exam fee in India
- GMAT subjects
- ACt Exam Syllabus
- Duolingo exam pattern
- GRE Eligibility
- What Do Whales Feel
- The Context Meaning And Scope Of Tourism
- The Need To Belong
- Striking Back At Lightning With Lasers Ielts
- Sheet Glass Manufacture: The Float Process
- The Concept Of Role Theory Reading Answers
- Making Every Drop Count
- Micro Enterprise Credit For Street Youth Reading Answers
- The Intersection Of Health Sciences And Geography
- Flawed Beauty The Problem With Toughened Glass
- Alternative Medicine In Australia
- A Spark A Flint Ielts Reading Answers
- A Song On The Brain
- Why Some Women Cross The Finish Line Ahead Of Men
- Gifted Children And Learning
- How To Spot A Liar
- When Evolution Runs Backwards Ielts
- New Agriculture In Oregon Us
- The Impact Of Wilderness Tourism Ielts Reading Answers
- The Life And Work Of Marie Curie
- IELTS Listening
- IELTS Reading
- IELTS Writing
- IELTS Writing Task 1
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking Part 1
- IELTS Speaking Part 2
- IELTS Speaking Part 3
- IELTS Practice Tests
- IELTS Listening Practice Tests
- IELTS Reading Practice Tests
- IELTS Writing Practice Tests
- IELTS Speaking Practice Tests
- All Courses
- IELTS Online Classes
- OET Online Classes
- PTE Online Classes
- CELPIP Online Classes
- Free Live Classes
- Australia PR
- Germany Job Seeker Visa
- Austria Job Seeker Visa
- Sweden Job Seeker Visa
- Study Abroad
- Student Testimonials
- Our Trainers
- IELTS Webinar
- Immigration Webinar
Many people think that home cooked food is healthy – IELTS Essay and Vocabulary
Updated On Sep 02, 2023
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- 1 Vocabulary – Health :
- 2 Many people think that home-cooked food is healthy, but many people still prefer eating out. Why is this so?
- 3 Some people claim that the government should provide free health care. Others think that the government will not provide the most innovative methods of treatment and it’s better to invest those funds in education and culture. What is your opinion?
- 4 Other related IELTS health essay topics
This article contains Health sample essays, like Many people think that home cooked food is healthy.
Given below is a real IELTS Writing Part 2 Essay question. We have provided sample essays as well as an essay outline so that you can practice writing your own!
Not sure how to approach IELTS Essay questions? Take a look at IELTS Writing Task 2 Preparation Tips and Tricks !
Learn essential IELTS vocabulary tips for Band 9 score with the guide below!
In IELTS writing , you will be given topics based on which you’ll have to write an essay. To write a perfect essay you should follow a certain structure. So here are some essays on health, which will give you clarity on the process of writing an essay. You can also enhance your writing skills by practising the topics on health mentioned at the end of this article.
There are many types of IELTS essays like opinion essays, discussion essays, two-part essays, problem/cause-solution essays, etc. Get good practice in all these types.
Health-related topics in IELTS Writing task 2 are very common. Two types of health essay topics for IELTS are given below:
Vocabulary – Health :
- Ache – a continuous or prolonged dull pain in a part of one’s body.
- appetite – a natural desire to satisfy a bodily need, especially for food.
- bacteria – microscopic, single-celled organisms that thrive in diverse environments
- cardiac – of relating to the heart
- collapse – (of a person) fall down and become unconscious as a result of illness or injury.
- dehydration – a harmful reduction in the amount of water in the body.
- epidemic – a widespread outbreak of an infectious disease
- fit – in good health, especially because of regular physical exercise.
- gland – A gland is a group of cells in an animal’s body that synthesizes substances
- hormone – chemical substances that act like messenger molecules in the body.
- immunity – a condition of being able to resist a particular disease
- lifestyle – the way in which a person lives.
- medication – a drug or other form of medicine that is used to treat or prevent disease
- nausea – a feeling of sickness with an inclination to vomit.
- obesity – condition of being excessively overweight
- panic – sudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety, often causing wildly unthinking behaviour.
- rehabilitation – the action of restoring someone to health or normal life through training and therapy after imprisonment, addiction, or illness.
- stamina – the bodily or mental capacity to sustain a prolonged stressful effort or activity.
- therapy – treatment intended to relieve or heal a disorder.
- vaccination – treatment with a vaccine to produce immunity against disease; inoculation.
Many people think that home-cooked food is healthy, but many people still prefer eating out. Why is this so?
Food is essential for our livelihood. Nowadays, people prefer eating out. Making our own meal is much better than having food in restaurants. In this article, we will see the advantages and disadvantages of having food at home and in restaurants.
The benefit of eating outside is that you do not have to cook at home. In the present scenario, both the husband and wife work and do not have time to cook. You also get packaged food from stores which can easily be microwaved and eaten. Apart from this, you also get a wide range of items, from which you can choose one. So most people prefer eating out. Whereas, the main advantage of home-cooked food is that you will have good health because you use ingredients which are healthy and organic.
You should become aware of the fact that tasty food in restaurants can be harmful to your health. Most of the food served outside is for the sake of getting profit. They are prepared under unhygienic conditions and use many chemicals to make them tastier. They also use frozen items.
A lot of oil is added, which is harmful to your health, in the long run. The disadvantage of making a meal at home is that it is time-consuming. As both members of the family will be tired after long working hours, they find it difficult to cook.
Thus, there are pros and cons to both. Even if you are tired, it is better to make a meal on your own, instead of eating unhealthy food and harming your health.
Analysis of the structure of the essay:
Some people claim that the government should provide free health care. Others think that the government will not provide the most innovative methods of treatment and it’s better to invest those funds in education and culture. What is your opinion?
Nowadays, health is of the main concern for people all over the world. The majority of people want the government to spend on the health sector as medicines have become expensive. Contrary to this, some think that, since the government will not come up with innovative methods in the healthcare sector, it is beneficial if the money is spent on the education sector or for improving the culture of society. It is better to support the government on its initiatives to improve health care. We need to understand both the sectors thoroughly before taking sides.
Healthcare is becoming expensive day by day. There are people who cannot afford a basic health checkup and pay their medical bills. Even if the government is unable to introduce innovative methods in health care, it can provide free healthcare facilities to those who cannot afford it. Also, the government can provide free health insurance to the people so that they can have a secure life.
On the other hand, the education sector is gaining prominence. Hence the government should spend on building schools and colleges and help those who are willing to go for higher studies with sufficient scholarships. Along with developing the healthcare and educational sector the government should also focus on uplifting the culture of the society.
To sum up, we can say that healthcare needs more attention as we have run into pandemic situations. So healthcare gains priority over education. This would be the general line on health for IELTS.
Other related IELTS health essay topics
Along with the above essays, there are also other essays on health that you can practice for the IELTS writing test. If you practice more and more you will be able to get a desirable score.
- In some countries, the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?
- Scientists agree that people are damaging their health by eating too much junk food. Some people think that the answer to this problem is to educate people. Others think education will not work. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Everyone should become vegetarian because they do not need to eat meat to have a healthy diet. Do you agree or disagree?
- Fewer and fewer people walk on a daily basis. What are the reasons and how to encourage them to spend their time walking?
- Scientists tell us that some activities are good for health and others are bad. Despite knowing that, millions of people still continue doing unhealthy activities. What are the causes and what are the solutions for this?
- In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their level of health and fitness is decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?
- The prevention of health problems and health illness is more important than treatment and medicine. Government funding should reflect this. To what extent do you agree.
- IELTS Writing tips
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of essays in IELTS writing task 2?
What is the structure of an IELTS essay?
What is paraphrasing and how important is that skill in writing task 2 of IELTS?
What is coherence and cohesion in IELTS writing task 2?
What is collocation and what role does it play in IELTS writing task 2?
Practice IELTS Writing Task 2 based on Essay types
Start Preparing for IELTS: Get Your 10-Day Study Plan Today!
Soon after graduating with a Master’s in Literature from Southern Arkansas University, she joined an institute as an English language trainer. She has had innumerous student interactions and has produced a couple of research papers on English language teaching. She soon found that non-native speakers struggled to meet the English language requirements set by foreign universities. It was when she decided to jump ship into IELTS training. From then on, she has been mentoring IELTS aspirants. She joined IELTSMaterial about a year ago, and her contributions have been exceptional. Her essay ideas and vocabulary have taken many students to a band 9.
Explore other Advantage Disadvantage Essays
Post your Comments
Posted on Aug 17, 2020
Very detailed and good information. Thanks for the helpful article, I will use your advice.
Posted on May 2, 2020
“Most of the food outside is served for the sake of getting profit, and they are also prepared in the unhygienic conditions and many chemicals are used to make it tastier.” >food outside is……. >they are also prepared…………… >to make it tastier……….. does verb agree with the subjects here?
Posted on Aug 4, 2020
Hi, the content has been updated.
Gurgaon city scape, gurgaon bptp.
Step 1 of 3
Great going .
Get a free session from trainer
Have you taken test before?
Please select any option
Get free eBook to excel in test
Please enter Email ID
Get support from an Band 9 trainer
Please enter phone number
Select a date
Please select a date
Select a time (IST Time Zone)
Please select a time
Mark Your Calendar: Free Session with Expert on
Which exam are you preparing?
50 Latest Health IELTS Topics
- Unlimited Essay Checks: Practice and perfect your skills.
- Detailed Error Analysis: Spot every mistake.
- In-Built Grammar Checker: Say no to grammatical errors.
- Personalized Suggestions: Know how to boost your score.
- Progress Tracking: View your checked essay history.
- Still thinking? We have a 14-day money-back guarantee. Take a leap of faith!
Free IELTS lessons signup
- Academic practice
- General practice
- Task 1 Academic
- Task 1 General
- Task 2 (essay)
Health writing task 2 questions for IELTS
Here you can find common IELTS essay questions for "Health" topic.
High job demands, stress and sense of commitment are among the main reasons people go to work when they are ill. This way they accomplish important tasks, but may infect others or get some serious health problems themselves.
In your opinion should people go to work if they are sick?
Support your point of view with relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
Today more people are overweight than ever before.
What in your opinion are the primary causes of this?
What measures can be taken to overcome this epidemic?
Some people claim that the government should provide free health care. Others think that the government will not provide the most innovative methods of treatment and it's better to invest those funds in education and culture.
What is your opinion?
Health education is an essential aspect of community health.
Do you agree or disagree?
Nowadays a growing number of boys and girls within normal weight ranges have an intense fear of gaining weight and therefore get anorexia.
Why do you think a lot of teenagers have a strong desire to be skinny?
What can be done to prevent this eating disorder?
Childhood obesity has become a serious problem in recent years.
What are the primary causes of this?
What measures should be taken to reduce childhood obesity?
Join our special IELTS Speaking Simulation Event on Nov 27th
15 Sample Questions for IELTS Writing Task 2. Topic: Health .
To what extent do you agree or disagree that mental health should be given equal priority to physical health in public healthcare systems?
Should advertising for unhealthy foods and beverages be banned or restricted? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Do the advantages of vaccinations outweigh the potential risks?
To what extent do you agree or disagree that regular exercise is more important than maintaining a healthy diet for overall well-being?
Should employers be required to provide wellness programs for their employees? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Is it the government's responsibility to regulate the sale and consumption of alcohol? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
To what extent do you agree or disagree that alternative medicine should be covered by public healthcare systems?
Should governments impose higher taxes on products containing high levels of sugar? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Do the benefits of medical research involving animal testing outweigh the ethical concerns?
To what extent do you agree or disagree that individuals should have the right to access their own medical records?
Should governments invest more in preventative healthcare measures, such as public health campaigns? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Is it more important for governments to invest in medical research or healthcare infrastructure? Discuss both options and provide your opinion.
To what extent do you agree or disagree that the use of technology in healthcare has led to a decline in the quality of patient care?
Should healthcare professionals be allowed to refuse to treat patients based on their personal beliefs? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Do the benefits of telemedicine outweigh the potential drawbacks?
How to Distinguish a Real IELTS Question from a Fake One
To identify if it's a typical IELTS essay prompt, consider the following:
- The prompt will be related to a broad, general topic that is relevant and engaging for a wide range of test-takers.
- It will ask you to present an argument or discuss different aspects of a topic, rather than simply recalling facts or describing a situation.
- The prompt will require a formal writing style and be written in clear, concise language.
- It will not require specific, specialized knowledge or expertise in a particular field.
- Skip to main content
Pass IELTS with expert help.
Sample health topics for writing task 2
Home » IELTS writing task 2 questions » Sample health topics for writing task 2
In this article, you will get information about:
- health essay IELTS topics
- how to approach a health topic IELTS writing task 2
- plenty of examples of IELTS writing test questions
- suitable vocabulary for your health-related essay for IELTS
There is a huge range of writing task 2 topics and students often ask how they can best prepare for writing task 2. It’s impossible to practice everything, but similar task 2 topics come up frequently and as experienced examiners and IELTS experts, we encourage all our students to practice at least one writing task 2 on health.
Here you’ll find a list of health vocabulary terms to help you write about the following task 2 essay topics. Any question for task 2 related to health will be quite flexible so these phrases will work for a range of task 2 health-related topics, from free health care in hospitals to declining birth rates to nutritious food and the ideal healthy diet.
Each health writing task 2 is going to be unique, but read it carefully and you’ll be fine. As you’ll see, agree /disagree essay on health questions are common but you’ll see the other 4 common essay types too – discuss both views, advantages/disadvantages, problems/solutions and two-part questions. The following topic list has you covered, whatever question you get in the IELTS test.
How to approach a writing task 2 related to health?
- As with any task 2 essay, you need to summarise the question, set out a position (give your opinion if it is asked for and say what you are going to do.
- You will need to set out key ideas (topic sentences) in your body paragraphs and support these with relevant examples from your own country or whatever you know about.
- As with every IELTS writing task, you need a conclusion that summarises your topic sentences so that your essay ‘flows’ in a logical way.
- Don’t ever make up statistics or numbers – and stay away from statements like ‘the majority of people suffer from health problems’ it is very challenging to prove – if you use ‘more people have diabetes’ and ‘fewer people are healthy weight’ this is more appropriate.
We have a list of health-related writing task 2 topics below – you’ll obviously not have time to write more than a few but it’s a good idea to spend a few minutes thinking about the main arguments and vocabulary you might use for each one. All these writing task 2 health-related topics have come from past IELTS papers and official material so will be the most useful for you to practice.
You absolutely do not need to be an expert on every serious health problem generally, the only issues mentioned specifically in IELTS exams are cancer, diabetes and obesity.
Sample health-related task 2 writing questions
- In your own opinion, what do you think are the factors that contribute to longevity (living a long time)? List some examples and reasons to support your answer.
- Some people think that keeping pets is good for children while others think it is dangerous and unhealthy. Which opinion do you agree with? Discuss both options and give examples.
- Even when poor countries get help from rich countries, hunger is still an issue. Discuss probable causes and solutions. Support your answer with specific reasons and examples.
- Compared to the past, more younger adults take medications for degenerative diseases. Provide specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Today more countries import food from different parts of the world. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this trend. Provide specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- In some countries the population is ageing and the birth rate is declining. How will this affect society and how can it be prevented? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Some people say that it is better to promote healthy lifestyles and a healthy diet than spend so much money to treat obese people. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
- More people now have children later in life. Some think it is not a good development for the family and for the country. Compare these two views. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
- Obesity is a serious problem in many countries, especially in rich countries. Discuss ways to solve the problem. Provide specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- More people are now trying out different varieties of food which results in the consumption of ingredients from different parts of the world. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? Provide specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- In some countries, health care and health education are only partially funded by the government. Which do you think is better in terms of quality: free public healthcare and education or privately paid healthcare and education? Provide specific reasons and examples to support your position.
- Do you think that an ageing society will disappear? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old people in society?
- Which is better: to have children earlier or later in a woman’s life? What are the possible reasons and effects of these two tendencies on a personal scale and for society in general? Support your answer with specific reasons and examples.
- Some people, including medical workers, argue against using animals and humans for clinical tests while others think it is necessary. Which are you in favour of? Provide specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- Many people think that home-cooked food is healthy, but many people still prefer eating out. Why is this so? How much does unhealthy food affectthe public health of a country? Provide specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
More help for the IELTS exam
For a FREE ebook of our top 10 sample task 2 essays, click here!
For more help with your IELTS task 2 preparation, take a look at our tutorials to help prepare for the IELTS exam .
- IELTS writing task 2 questions
- Get ideas for your task 2
- Full guide to academic collocations for task 2
- How to start your agree/ disagree essay
- Useful sentences for IELTS writing task 2
- IELTS writing task 2 tips
- IELTS Scores
- Life Skills Test
- Find a Test Centre
- Find Student Housing
- General Training
- Academic Word List
- Topic Vocabulary
- Phrasal Verbs
- Writing eBooks
- Reading eBook
- All eBooks & Courses
- Sample Essays
- Diet and Health
Diet and Health Essay
This model diet and health essay examines the extent to which individuals or governments should be responsible for health.
Some people believe that it is the responsibility of individuals to take care of their own health and diet. Others however believe that governments should make sure that their citizens have a healthy diet.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.
IELTS essays are usually about current topics of controversy, and the declining health of many nations is certainly of concern to many countries at the present time.
This essay asks you to examine both sides of an issue and to give your opinion.
This means that you must look at both the arguments that are presented. In this case, these are:
1. It is the responsibility of individuals to take care of their own health and diet. 2. Governments should make sure that their citizens have a healthy diet.
You must of course also give your opinion.
IELTS Diet and Health Essay
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.
Write at least 250 words.
Diet and Health Essay Model Answer
An increasing concern for many governments around the world is the declining health of their citizens due to a poor diet. While some people believe governments should be responsible for improving the health of their nation, others believe it is up to the individual. This essay will examine both sides of the argument.
There is no doubt that individuals must take some responsibility for their diet and health. The argument to support this is the fact that adults have free will and make their own choices about what they eat and the exercise that they do. Children are also becoming less healthy. However, their parents are the ones who provide their evening meals so it is their responsibility to ensure these meals are nutritious and encourage them to avoid junk food and sugary snacks during the day.
Despite these arguments, there is also a case for advocating the intervention of the state. People these days often have little choice but to depend on fast food or ready meals that are high in sugar, salt and fat due to the pressures of work. Governments could regulate the ingredients of such food. Some governments also spend huge amounts of tax money on treating health problems of their citizens in hospitals. It would be logical to spend this on preventative measures such as campaigns to encourage exercise and a good diet.
Having considered both sides of the issue, I would argue that although individuals must take ultimate responsibility for what they eat, governments also have a role to play as only they can regulate the food supply, which openly encourages a poor diet. It is only through this combination that we can improve people’s health.
The IELTS diet and health essay has a number of good points which would means it would score highly in the test.
The introduction clearly introduces the topic and sets out both sides of the issue. There is then a clear thesis statement to explain what the essay will do:
This essay will examine both sides of the argument.
Coherence and cohesion are evident from the topic sentences which make the subject of each paragraph very clear:
There is no doubt that individuals must take some responsibility for their diet and health. Despite these arguments, there is also a case for advocating the intervention of the state.
Transitional phrases and words also guide the reader through the essay. For example:
The argument to support this is... Children are also becoming less healthy. However , their parents... Despite these arguments , there is also ... Some governments also spend... Having considered both sides of the issue,
The conclusion summarises the writers opinion very clearly. It is always important to make it very clear what your opinion is if it is an opinion essay (you could put your opinion in the introduction too if you wish).
The grammar and vocabulary are appropriate, with a mix of complex sentences and topic related vocabulary.
The content of the essay is also appropriate. It clearly addresses both opinions and provides a number of points to support each argument. The ideas are clearly explained and will not cause any misunderstanding for someone reading the essay.
More Discuss Two Opinion Essays:
Sources for Stories Essay: Should parents read to their children?
This sources for stories essay asks for your opinion on the best way for children to get stories. Is it from parents reading to them or other ways?
IELTS Writing Example: What are the aims of a university education?
IELTS writing example essays. This is an essay on the aims of university education. In this essay, two opposing opinions need to be discussed. It is important to understand how to answer this type of question in the IELTS exam.
Zoo Essay: Are zoos cruel or do they protect animals?
This is a recent zoo essay question from the IELTS test (June 2018). Essay about zoos have come up a few times in the IELTS test so it's worth studying same sample questions and sample essays about the topic.
Extraterrestrial Life Essay: Should we look for life on other planets?
This extraterrestrial life essay is an IELTS opinion essay where you have to discuss both sides of an issue then give your own opinion.
IELTS Essays: What is the best way to reduce crime?
IELTS essays online with comments by an IELTS instructor - A writing sample on the topic of reducing crime.
Formal and Informal Education Essay: What age should it start?
This formal and informal education essay is about whether it is best for children to begin their formal education at school when they are 7 rather than much younger.
Influence of Scientists or Politicians Essay
Influence of Scientists or Politicians Essay- Model answer for IELTS. Who has had the most influence on our world? In this essay you have to discuss both sides.
Donating Money to Charity Essay: Where should the money go?
Donating Money to Charity Essay: IELTS model answer to an essay on the topic of giving locally or to national and international charities.
Childcare Essay: Should family or carers look after young children?
Childcare Essay: In the essay you have to discuss two sides of an argument. The first is that it is better if pre-school children are looked after at home with relatives such as grandparents. The second opinion is that children should be looked after at childcare centres.
Animal Rights Essay: Should animals be exploited for humans?
Animal Rights Essay for IELTS: Learn how to write an essay where you have to discuss two opinions. People who believe in animal rights think that they should not be treated cruelly, for example in experiments or for sport.
Child Development Essay: What factors influence a child's development?
Child Development Essay for IELTS. The essay is about the factors that affect the way that children develop. It provides you with a model answer and comments on the response to help you know how to improve your band score.
IELTS Essay Becoming Independent
This IELTS essay discussed whether people are becoming more independent than they were in the past. This is a question that has come up a few times in the test. This is discussion type essay as you have to discuss both sides of an argument and come to a conclusion.
Any comments or questions about this page or about IELTS? Post them here. Your email will not be published or shared.
Before you go...
Check out the ielts buddy band 7+ ebooks & courses.
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Band 7+ eBooks
"I think these eBooks are FANTASTIC!!! I know that's not academic language, but it's the truth!"
Linda, from Italy, Scored Band 7.5
- All Lessons
- Band Score Calculator
- Writing Feedback
- Speaking Feedback
- Teacher Resources
- Free Downloads
- Recent Essay Exam Questions
- Books for IELTS Prep
- Student Housing
- Useful Links
IELTS Graph Exercise: Using Language of Change
Nov 22, 23 08:59 AM
IELTS Writing Task 1 Language Exercise
Nov 17, 23 08:07 AM
IELTS Essay: Professionals Moving Abroad to Work
Nov 13, 23 02:50 AM
IELTS Writing IELTS Speaking IELTS Listening IELTS Reading All Lessons Vocabulary Academic Task 1 Academic Task 2 Practice Tests
Connect with us
Copyright © 2022- IELTSbuddy All Rights Reserved
IELTS is a registered trademark of University of Cambridge, the British Council, and IDP Education Australia. This site and its owners are not affiliated, approved or endorsed by the University of Cambridge ESOL, the British Council, and IDP Education Australia.
- A Beginner’s Guide to IELTS
- Common Grammar Mistakes [for IELTS Writing Candidates]
Writing Correction Service
- Free IELTS Resources
- Practice Speaking Test
The Future of Health – IELTS Writing Task 2
Posted by David S. Wills | Jul 4, 2022 | Model Essays | 1
In today’s lesson, I want to show you how to answer an agree or disagree question about health and the future. I will give you some useful language about the topic (health) and the necessary grammar (the future). I’ll also mention some important things about generating ideas and structuring essays.
Analysing the Question
Here’s our question for today:
The average standard of people’s health is likely to be lower in future than it is now. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement.
It’s taken from this list of IELTS writing questions , which I recommend to users of my writing correction service .
This question is pretty easy to understand. Basically, you choose whether you agree or disagree that people’s health will be worse in the future than it is now. You can either:
- Strongly agree
- Partially agree
- Neither agree nor disagree
- Partially disagree
- Strongly disagree
Just make sure that your opinion is clear throughout the whole essay. Don’t forget to state your opinion clearly in the essay outline ! If you fail to do that, you will get a low score for Task Response.
Planning your Answer
Once you have chosen your opinion, you need to decide what ideas to include and how to include them – ie picking a structure.
Personally, I will agree with the statement and tell the reader why I think that health will be worse in the future. I will look at two ideas:
- Eating habits.
- Lifestyle choices.
Each of these will be given one paragraph and I will develop those with explanations. My essay will look something like this:
Note that I will expand all of these points with realistic detail and link them logically. You can see that in my sample band 9 answer below. I will be careful not to give too many ideas because that can make your essay more like a list. It is better to develop a few ideas logically.
Language about Health and the Future
I have written about health vocabulary here and there is a useful video here:
Those will give you lots of words and phrases you can use to talk about health in the IELTS writing test.
For this essay, your language will obviously relate to your choices in terms of answer. For me, I have decided to cover diet and lifestyle, so there are many words and phrases I might need to use. I should definitely know a broad range of health conditions:
- Heart attack
- Back problems
You can learn more vocabulary and even gain useful ideas by reading about health on reputable websites. Here is a guide to healthy living by the World Health Organization. And here is another from the UK’s National Health Service.
Here are two sentences I will include in my essay, which relate to the different issues I want to discuss:
- All around the world, fewer people are dying of starvation , but more people are dying from obesity and diabetes due to their sugary and fatty diets.
- Back problems and joint pain are becoming increasingly common, while the lack of physical mobility is exacerbating the obesity issues created by our unhealthy diets.
You can see that I have mentioned various health problems.
You may notice that I have used present tenses here because my arguments about the future are primarily based on the present. I want to show how our current problems are indicative of potential future ones.
What I will do is gather most of my evidence and put forth my case that our health is currently declining, then make it clear in the introduction and conclusion that this signals worse problems in the future:
- This essay will agree with that statement and give reasons why human health will continue to decline.
- This will probably continue in future due to our unhealthy diets and sedentary lifestyles.
I think this is more effective than offering vague speculation throughout the whole essay.
Sample Band 9 Answer
It has been argued that the level of people’s health in the future will be lower than it is at present. This essay will agree with that statement and give reasons why human health will continue to decline.
Although medical technology is improving at a rapid pace, human health in most developed countries peaked several decades ago and has been in decline. This is because abundance has paradoxically created a situation where people are exposed to vast quantities of unhealthy food. All around the world, fewer people are dying of starvation, but more people are dying from obesity and diabetes due to their sugary and fatty diets. In countries that have only recently acquired wealth, this change is even more profound, and so millions of people in countries like China are suffering from utterly preventable health problems. This situation gets worse year after year.
Another related issue is that of lifestyle. Humans evolved to roam the plains of Africa and then adapted to an active agricultural lifestyle, but in the modern era we are confined to office chairs and car seats. Our bodies are not used to this sedentary lifestyle, and so they suffer greatly. Back problems and joint pain are becoming increasingly common, while the lack of physical mobility is exacerbating the obesity issues created by our unhealthy diets. With the advent of mobile phones and other technologies, even children no longer go outside much and so this idle lifestyle has infected the youngest members of society, threatening the very future of our species.
In conclusion, human health is on the decline in spite of developments in medicine. This will probably continue in future due to our unhealthy diets and sedentary lifestyles.
More on Band 9 Answers
Can you really learn from band 9 sample answers? I believe that you can, but you must be careful not to put too much trust in them. You should always use your own ideas and language. Here is a video about band 9 sample answers and how to get the most from them:
About The Author
David S. Wills
David S. Wills is the author of Scientologist! William S. Burroughs and the 'Weird Cult' and the founder/editor of Beatdom literary journal. He lives and works in rural Cambodia and loves to travel. He has worked as an IELTS tutor since 2010, has completed both TEFL and CELTA courses, and has a certificate from Cambridge for Teaching Writing. David has worked in many different countries, and for several years designed a writing course for the University of Worcester. In 2018, he wrote the popular IELTS handbook, Grammar for IELTS Writing and he has since written two other books about IELTS. His other IELTS website is called IELTS Teaching.
Sample Essay on Rising Crime Rates
November 21, 2022
IELTS Curfew Essay
March 25, 2022
Caring for Elderly Relatives [Model Answer]
August 14, 2023
Bad Behaviour in Schools [IELTS Task 2]
October 29, 2022
Very detailed and informative, thank you.
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
Download my IELTS Books
- Adverbs and Word Order
- Phrasal Verbs
- Least vs Lowest [English Grammar]
- The Dangers of Relying on Technology [Sample Answer]
- Understanding Question Word Order in English Grammar
- omid on IELTS Speaking Partners
- habib on IELTS Speaking Partners
- Evar on Find Out Your IELTS Writing Score
- Jacob on Is IELTS Fair?
- David S. Wills on Find Out Your IELTS Writing Score
- Lesson Plans
- Model Essays
- TED Video Lessons
- Weekly Roundup