PTE EXAM PREPARATION
PTE Academic Exam Practice Material
Khelo India Essay
Khelo India essay – Hello Students today we are going to learn khelo India essay for all classes. The essay was asked in SSC exam and in 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 class. Sometime you may get a question like “essay on khelo India” and “ khelo India essay in English”.
Khelo India Essay 300 words
Khelo India school games (KISG) are the national level multidisciplinary grassroots games in India for under 17 years school kids to participate across 16 disciplines, which was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 31st January 2018 at Indira Gandhi Arena, New Delhi. The objective of KISG is to identify the Talent at grassroots level and revive the sports Culture by building a strong Framework for all sports played in our country.
The KISG works under the ministry of youth affairs and sports. To accomplish the above objective KISG has been divided into 12 vertices such as physical fitness of school children, the formation of state-level khelo India centres, encouraging the development of women sport, annual sports organisation, topnotch infrastructure and promotion of rural and tribal games. Every year best thousand kids will be given an annual scholarship of rupees 5 lakh for 8 years.
Some challenges come in the way of KISG i.e less popularity of sports like Judo, Kho-Kho, swimming etc, less number of broadcaster and problem of sponsorship. According to new research, only 3 games are viewed more in India that is cricket 85% tennis 44% and football 41% but we should try to promote each and every game and encourage every sports-related activity show that a sports person can perform efficiently.
Sports Inculcate Team Spirit, develop strategic and analytical thinking, leadership skills, goal settings and risk-taking, therefore, KISG help in overall development of our nation and in this way it will transform India into a global sporting powerhouse in the upcoming years and prove to be a game changer that Indian Sports has been looking for.
More Essay Topics
Atal Pension Yojana Essay
Start-Up India Essay
Ujjwala Yojana Essay
Essay on India
Essay on the United Nations
Note – Now you can also send Khelo India essay in English through comment box. You need to write an essay on Khelo India in our own words.
It helps me for my project work
Khelo India Essay | Khelo India Notes
Khelo India Essay – Khelo India essay for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and college students. Find a paragraph, long and short essay on Khelo India for Students. Learn everything about Khelo India Essay in 250 words.
Essay On Khelo India
Khelo India Essay for Students and Children
India has enough potential to reach the zenith of the sports horizon but it remains unexploited till now. To revive sporting culture in India at grass-root level Khelo India programme was introduced by the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs. Its objective is to build a strong framework for all sports played in our country and promote “Sports for Excellence” as well as “Sports for All”.
Each athlete selected under the scheme will receive an annual scholarship worth Rs. five lakh for eight consecutive years. The Programme aims to promote twenty universities across the country as hubs of sporting excellence and cover about 200 million children in the age group of 10-18 under a massive national physical fitness drive.
Under this scheme Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared the inaugural edition of Khelo India School Games in New Delhi to highlight India’s young sporting talent. It was held across 16 disciplines like archery, football, judo etc among 5,000 school children. Haryana topped the overall medal tally with 38 gold while Maharashtra finished second.
Khelo India aims at mainstreaming sport as a tool for individual development, community development, economic development, and national development. The programme also aims at engaging youth living in disturbed and deprived areas, in sporting activities, to wean them away from unproductive and disruptive activities and mainstream them in the nation-building process.
To make this initiative successful monitoring and scouting should be properly maintained as it puts emphasis on a grass-root level. Sports builds character, teaches positivity, team spirit and changes the mindset of the people. Khelo India will help in the overall development of our nation and will transform India into a global sporting powerhouse in the upcoming years.
You may also like
10 tips to write an essay for esl students.
Essay on Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Save Water Essay
Visit to Zoo Essay in English
Raksha Bandhan Essay
About the author.
Leave a Comment X
Khelo India Programme, Motto, Objectives, Eligibility
Khelo India Programme was introduced in 2018 to revive India's sporting culture. Check here all about Khelo India Programme its Motto, Objectives and Eligibility.
Table of Contents
Khelo India Programme
In the dynamic landscape of Indian sports, the Khelo India Programme emerges as a beacon of hope and transformation. With its inception in 2018, this initiative has carved a distinct path to nurture the budding sporting talents of the nation. The programme’s resolute commitment to enhancing grassroots sports participation, promoting fitness, and unearthing hidden potentials has ignited a wave of enthusiasm across the country. As we delve into the facets of this programme, its impact becomes clearer through the numbers: thousands of young athletes, numerous sporting disciplines, and a resounding shift towards a healthier, more competitive India.
What is Khelo India Programme?
The Khelo India Programme, introduced in 2018 under the guidance of the then Sports Minister Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore in Delhi, is a significant national initiative aimed at revolutionizing the sports landscape in India. Its inception marked a pivotal step towards fostering a stronger sports culture within the nation.
With the objective of integrating sports as a catalyst for holistic growth encompassing national development, economic progress, community engagement, and individual advancement, the programme amalgamates several existing initiatives, including the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan,’ the ‘Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme,’ and the National Sports Talent Search System Programme. The core principles of the programme revolve around promoting both “Sports for Excellence” and “Sports for All.” You can also check here all about National Sports Day of India.
Objectives of Khelo India Programme
The Khelo India Programme has the following key objectives:
- Central Sector Scheme : Implemented and funded by the Central Government for nationwide impact.
- Sports Scholarships : Awarding scholarships to 1000 deserving athletes annually, across various disciplines.
- Long-term Development : Creating an eight-year pathway for athletes’ growth and progress.
- Balancing Sports and Education : Promoting education alongside sports, identifying 20 universities as sporting centres.
- Technology for Promotion : Utilizing technology like GIS, websites, and apps for sports promotion.
- Quality Competitions : Encouraging schools and colleges to organize high-standard competitions.
- Physical Fitness : Fostering fitness through a National Physical Fitness Drive for youth aged 10-18.
- Comprehensive Impact : Aiming to influence the entire sports ecosystem, from economy to infrastructure.
- Engagement in Deprived Areas : Involving youth from disadvantaged areas in sports to steer them away from disruptive activities.
Who can Participate in Khelo India?
Participation in the Khelo India Programme is open to individuals who meet the following age-based criteria:
- Under-17 Category: Candidates who are below the age of 17 are eligible to participate in the under-17 category.
- Under-21 Category: Candidates who are below the age of 21 are eligible to participate in the under-21 category.
These age brackets determine the eligibility for athletes to engage in the various categories and events under the Khelo India Programme.
Khelo India Youth Games 2023
The Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) is a prestigious national sporting event in India that focuses on nurturing and showcasing the talents of young athletes across the country. The 2023 edition of the event marked its fifth iteration and was held in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The games commenced on January 30th and concluded on February 11th, 2023.
The event brought together more than 5,000 athletes from all 36 states and Union Territories of India . These athletes competed across a diverse range of 27 sports disciplines, including athletics, wrestling, boxing, shooting, swimming, basketball, hockey, badminton, and more. The extensive list of sports reflects the event’s commitment to promoting a holistic development approach for young athletes.
Spread across eight cities in Madhya Pradesh and New Delhi, the Khelo India Youth Games 2023 took place at a total of 11 venues. These venues provided the ideal settings for various sporting competitions, encouraging athletes to give their best and showcasing the rich talent pool that India possesses.
The primary objective of the Khelo India Youth Games is to identify, nurture, and groom young sporting talents, providing them with a platform to showcase their skills at a national level. The event not only serves as a stepping stone for athletes but also as a catalyst for the development of sports culture in India.
The Medal Tally of the Khelo India Youth Games 2023 saw Maharashtra emerge as the overall champions. Maharashtra secured a remarkable 161 medals in total, consisting of 56 gold, 55 silver, and 50 bronze medals. Haryana claimed the second position with 128 medals, including 41 gold, 32 silver, and 55 bronze medals. Madhya Pradesh, the host state, secured the third position with a total of 96 medals, comprising 39 gold, 30 silver, and 27 bronze medals.
Khelo India Programme UPSC
The Khelo India Programme holds significant relevance for UPSC aspirants due to its alignment with key areas of the UPSC syllabus, including government policies, sports and cultural initiatives, and social development programs. Aspirants preparing for UPSC can benefit from UPSC Online Coaching and UPSC Mock Tests that cover this topic, as they offer insights into government schemes for youth empowerment, promotion of sports culture, and the holistic development of talent. Understanding the Khelo India Programme equips aspirants with contemporary knowledge of topics like social issues, government policies, and sustainable development, enhancing their overall preparation strategy.
Sharing is caring!
Khelo India Programme FAQs
When was the khelo india programme started.
The Khelo India Programme was started in the year 2018.
Where is the Khelo India Youth Games 2023?
Khelo India Youth Games 2023 is hosted in Madhya Pradesh.
Where was the 1st Khelo India Youth Games?
The 1st Khelo India Youth Games was held in Delhi.
Who is the founder of Khelo India?
The Khelo India initiative was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Download your free content now!
To download , General Studies PDF, please fill the form.
Please fill valid Name, Phone and Email.
We have received your details!
We'll share General Studies Study Material on your E-mail Id.
We have already received your details!
Incorrect details? Fill the form again here
General Studies PDF
- Government Schemes
- Bhagat Singh Jayanti, Biography, History, Revolutionary Activities
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Biography, Death Anniversary, Achievements
- Broadband Technology, Features, Future, Advantages and Challenge
- India’s Three-stage Nuclear Program, List of Nuclear Reactors, Importance and Challenges
- 69th BPSC Question Paper 2023, Download Previous Year BPSC Paper
- Civil Disobedience Movement, Causes, Impacts, Limitations
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- JKPSC KAS Answer Key 2023
- OPSC OAS Answer Key 2023
- OPSC OAS Question Paper 2023
- UPSC Online Coaching
- UPSC Exam 2024
- UPSC Syllabus 2024
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2024
- UPSC Mains Syllabus 2024
- UPSC Exam Pattern 2024
- UPSC Age Limit 2024
- UPSC Calendar 2024
- UPSC Syllabus in Hindi
- UPSC Admit Card 2023
- UPSC Full Form
Uppsc exam 2023.
- UPPSC Notification 2023
- UPPSC Calendar
- UPPSC Syllabus 2023
- UPPSC Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Application Form 2023
- UPPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023
- UPPSC Admit card 2023
- UPPSC Salary And Posts
- UPPSC Cut Off
- UPPSC Previous Year Paper
BPSC Exam 2023
- BPSC 69th Notification 2023
- BPSC 69th Exam Analysis
- BPSC Admit Card
- BPSC Syllabus
- BPSC Exam Pattern
- BPSC Cut Off
- BPSC Question Paper 2023
Study Material Categories
- Daily The Hindu Analysis
- Daily Practice Quiz for Prelims
- Daily Answer Writing
- Daily Current Affairs
- Indian Polity
- Environment and Ecology
- Art and Culture
- General Knowledge
- Terms & Conditions
- Return & Refund Policy
CBSE Papers, Questions, Answers, MCQ ...
Blog provides NCERT solutions, CBSE, NTSE, Olympiad study material, model test papers, important Questions and Answers asked in CBSE examinations. References to Educational Sites and resources.
- Syllabus 2017-18
- Entrance Exams
Saturday, 2 January 2021
Class 11 - physical education - khelo india program, class 11 - physical edvcation - khelo india program.
Chapter: Changing Trends And Career in Physical Education
The importance of sports and fitness in one’s life is invaluable. Playing sports inculcates team spirit, develops strategic and analytical thinking, leadership skills goal setting and risk taking. A fit and healthy individual leads to an equally healthy society and strong nation.
Sports is an extremely important component for the overall development or our nation. India, in the last five years has made steady progress in the field of sports. This tremendous potential needs to be showcased at a global platform. It’s time we inspire young talent, give them top notch, infrastructure and training of the highest level. We need to inculcate a strong spirit of participation in sports that enables players to demonstrate their true potential. Only then can India realise its dream of becoming a sports super power.
The Khelo India Program has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country and establish India as a great sporting nation. To accomplish the above objectives, Khelo India Program has been divided into 12 verticals, namely-
Khelo India Program Verticals:
(i) Play field development
(ii) Community coaching development
(iii) State level Khelo India centres
(iv) Annual Sports Competitions
(v) Talent search and development program
(vi) Utilization and Creation/Upgradation of Sports Infrastructure
(vii) Support to National/Regional/State Sports Academics
(viii) Physical fitness of school children
(ix) Sports for Women
(x) Promotion of Spoils amongst people with disabilities
(xi) Sports for peace and development
(xii) Promotion of rural and indigenous/tribal games
Talented players identified in priority sports disciplines at various levels by the high powered committee will be provided annual financial assistance of “INR 5 Lakh per annum for 8 years”.
Khelo India school games, which are a part of the Khelo India Program, are First being held from 31st January to 8th February, 2018 in New Delhi. Under-17 athletics have been invited to participate across 16 disciplines, which are as follows:
(i) Archery (ii) Athletics (iii) Badminton
(iv) Basketball (v) Boxing (vi) Football
(vii) Gymnastics (viii) Hockey (ix) Judo
(x) Kabaddi (xi) Kho-Kho (xii) Shooting
(xiii) Swimming (xiv) Volleyball (xv) Weightlifting
Khelo India Program meaning play India youth games, held annually in January or February, are the national level, multidisciplinary grassroot games in India’s held for under-17years school students. Every year best 1000 students will be given an annual scholarship of INR 5,00,000 for 8 years to prepare them for the international sporting events.
First event – 2018
Occur every – Annually
Last event – 2020
Headquarters – New Delhi
Purpose – Grassroot level talent hunt
In First Khelo India games small state of Haryana (102 medals including 38 gold, 26 silver and 38 bronze) which is considered a sports powerhouse was the top team in 2018, followed by Maharashtra (111 medals including 36 gold) and Delhi (94 medals including 25 gold).
On 31st January, 2018 the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, inaugurated Khelo India school games at the opening ceremony based on Guru-Shishya tradition held at Indira Gandhi Stadium, New Delhi.
On February 27, 2019, PM Narendra Modi launched the Khelo India App at the Youth Indian Parliament in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi to promote sports and fitness.
On 22 February 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first edition of the Khelo India University Games in Cuttack to give athletes the exposure of multi-disciplinary events at the university level.
Earlier it was called as Khelo India School Games (KISG) and now renamed as Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG).
Only selected school kids below the age of 17 years are eligible to compete in the individual sports. Top 8 sports person from the school games federation of India’s National School Games. 4 nominations from federation, one from Central Board of Secondary Education, one from the host state and one from the organising committee will be selected. For Archery, Badminton and Shooting, the top 16 from the National School Games, 8 nominations by the federation, one from CBSE, one from host slate, one from organising committee, and 6 from wild cards will be selected.
Aim of the Khelo India Program
To make popular the rural, indigenous and the Tribal sport/Games to disseminate information and pique the curiosity of the present generation about these games and also to encourage children and youth to take up these games in a major way, paving way for their mainstreaming.
Objectiveness of Schemes
To encourage, promote and popularize the indigenous sports and games and those played in the rural and tribal areas ol the country.
Physical Education Sample Question Paper (2016-17) Physical Education Sample Question Paper Physical Activity and Leadership Training (Q & A) Ch3: Physical Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle (MCQs) Adventure Sports (Q &A )
Post a comment.
We love to hear your thoughts about this post!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Please turn off the ad blocker. This is only way that we can earn some penny. Please support us by trun off the ad blocker. Thank you!!
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
UPSC: Latest News, IAS, IPS, UPSC Preparation
Enroll in ClearIAS UPSC Coaching Join Now Log In
Call us: +91-9605741000
Khelo India Scheme
Last updated on October 29, 2022 by ClearIAS Team
India has advanced steadily in the field of sports during the past several years.
This enormous potential must be displayed on a worldwide stage. It’s time to encourage new talent and provide them with the best training and facilities available.
Khelo India scheme assumes significance in this context.
Table of Contents
Khelo India scheme- What is it?
The Khelo India Scheme is the flagship Central Sector Scheme of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It seeks to instil a culture of sports and achieve sporting greatness throughout the nation, enabling the general public to tap into sports’ transformative power.
The revamped Khelo India Scheme was introduced during the 2017–18 fiscal year.
Khelo India was formed by merging three schemes namely Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan (RGKA), Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS), and National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS).
IAS, IPS, or IFS: How to succeed faster?
No. It's not by reading books!
It is modelled after Gujarat’s “Khel Mahakumbh,” in which universities and high schools from throughout the nation compete in 27 different fields. Under the initiative, Khelo India School Games (KISG) have been introduced.
Major objectives of the Khelo India scheme
The major objectives of the scheme are:
- Creation and Upgradation of Sports Infrastructure
- Sports Competitions and Talent Development
- Khelo India Centres and Sports Academies
- Fit India Movement
- Promotion of Inclusiveness through Sports
- It works to promote “Sports for All” and “Sports for Excellence”.
- It aims at creating an active nation with healthy citizens.
Khelo India scheme eligibility
- The age range for eligibility to apply for this program is 10 to 18.
- Any child who wants to take part in the India program should be passionate about sports.
Benefits under the program
- Under the Scheme, eight years of annual financial aid in the amount of Rs. 5 lakh are given to talented athletes in priority sports disciplines at various levels.
- About 20 million kids between the ages of 10 and 18 will be a part of the National Physical Fitness Campaign as a result of this program.
- Children’s physical fitness will be the only focus of this; nevertheless, fitness-related activities will also be supported.
- Additionally, the government committed to promoting 20 universities as centres of excellence in sports throughout India.
Other schemes for promoting sports
National Centre of Sports Sciences and Research (NCSSR): It aims to support high-level research, education, and innovation with respect to the high performance of elite athletes. The scheme has two components: One is setting up of NCSSR and the other is focused on funding the creation of Sports Sciences Departments in Six Universities and Sports Medicine Departments in Six Medical Colleges.
Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) : Its goal is to find, develop, and get ready future medal contenders for the Olympic and Paralympic Games. In accordance with this program, athletes and sportspeople will receive specialized instruction from renowned coaches at cutting-edge sports facilities and institutions. A similar program called Junior TOPS, which targets kids as young as 10 to 12 years old and aims to create Olympic champions in 2028, was also introduced by the government in 2020.
National Sports Development Fund (NSDF): It was founded in November 1998 in accordance with the Charitable Endowments Act of 1890 in order to promote sports and games across the nation.
India’s progression in sports
- The nation has been taking home more medals from international competitions.
- Government backing for the sport has grown, and that must be acknowledged. For the purpose of promoting India’s sports industry, the government has started a number of projects.
- The sport now has more private sector participation. Additionally, the expansion of private academies that are involved in sport development at different levels is strengthening the resources accessible to our athletes.
- Businesses have stepped up to sponsor talented athletes individually, displaying a level of dedication that was previously lacking.
Also read: Chess: Origin,Governance and Vocabulary
Challenges and issues
- There is a dearth of supporting infrastructure
- Absence of encouragement to young people to participate in sports
- Lack of organized system of talent search.
- Gender bias against girls and women
- Lack of remuneration and job security
- Administrative issues due to lack of codification of rules and lack of transparency
There are many untapped potentials in Indian sports that haven’t yet been realised. However, now is the ideal time to reconfirm our commitment, alter the way we view sports, and transform India’s sports landscape.
Article written by: Caroline
Register now for:, free upsc mentorship:, score high in the ias exam, talk to clearias experts, # trending now on clearias.
- Best Selling Courses of ClearIAS (This Week)
- Get FREE UPSC Mentorship
- Get FREE UPSC Study Materials
- What's New: Important Updates
- UPSC Online Coaching
- UPSC Prelims Test Series
- UPSC Mains Test Series
- UPSC Guidance
- UPSC Ebooks (PDFs)
Make Everyone Proud of You!
Join 1 million+ ias/ips/ifs aspirants who learn from clearias every month.
FREE and Premium Programs!
Start Learning Now
About ClearIAS Team
ClearIAS is one of the most trusted online learning platforms in India for UPSC preparation. Around 1 million aspirants learn from the ClearIAS every month.
Our training methods are different from traditional coaching. We give special emphasis on smart work and personal mentorship. Many UPSC toppers thank ClearIAS for our role in their success.
Download the ClearIAS mobile apps now to supplement your self-study efforts with ClearIAS smart-study training.
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Don’t lose out without playing the right game!
Follow the ClearIAS Prelims cum Mains (PCM) Integrated Approach.
Join ClearIAS PCM Course Now
UPSC Online Preparation
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- IAS Exam Eligibility
- UPSC Free Study Materials
- UPSC Exam Guidance
- UPSC Syllabus
- UPSC Online
- UPSC Prelims
- UPSC Interview
- UPSC Calendar 2023
- UPSC Calendar 2024
- About ClearIAS
- ClearIAS Programs
- ClearIAS Fee Structure
- IAS Coaching
- ClearIAS Blog
- Important Updates
- Book Review
- ClearIAS App
- Work with us
- Advertise with us
- Terms and Conditions
- Talk to Your Mentor
and many more...
IAS/IPS/IFS: How to be a topper? Know now.
Thank You 🙌
Learn this topic in detail
Similar class 11 doubts, plz explain about khelo- india program ( ch-1 ,5 marks carrying questions last question) related: short and long questions with answers, changing trends & career in physical education, discuss about changing trends in physical education in india related: short and long questions with answers, changing trends & career in physical education, explain in detail the sports media related careers in the field of physical education related: short and long questions with answers, changing trends & career in physical education, explain in detail about changing trends in physical education related: short and long questions with answers, changing trends & career in physical education, define special educator. related: short and long questions with answers, changing trends & career in physical education, quick links for class 11 exam.
Share your doubts
Create you account for free.
Unattempted tests, change country.
- Entrance Exam
- Competitive Exams
- ICSE & ISC
- Teacher Exams
- UP Board
- Uttarakhand Board
- Bihar Board
- Chhattisgarh Board
- Haryana Board
- Jharkhand Board
- MP Board
- Rajasthan Board
- Test Generator
- Homework Help
- News & Updates
- Mobile App (Android)
- Browse Courses
- New & Updates
- Join Us
No products in the cart.
- Homework Help
- Physical Education
Write down a brief note on …
CBSE, JEE, NEET, CUET
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers
NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, Notes, Videos
Posted by ? Kirtika 3 years ago
Gaurav Seth 3 years ago
Khelo India Program
- The Khelo India Games were introduced to develop the sports culture in India at the grassroot level.
- The clearly states to establish India as a great sporting nation.
- Playing sports inculcates team spirit, develops strategic and analytical thinking, leadership skills, goal setting and risk taking.
- It’s time we inspire young talent, give them top notch infrastructure and training of the highest level. We need to inculcate a strong spirit of participation in sports that enables players to demonstrate their true potential.
- The inaugural Khelo India Games were named as the Khelo India School Games.
- These games were held from 31st January to 8th February 2018 in New Delhi.
- In the age category of under 17 years, 16 disciplines were contested in the competition.
- They included Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Kho Kho, Kabaddi, Judo, Football, Gymnastics, Boxing, Shooting, Volleyball, Swimming, Wrestling, Hockey and Weightlifting.
- The even got much popularity as 5000 students from 29 states and 7 Union Territories participated.
- The second edition of Khelo India School Games was held as Khelo India Youth Games.
- These games were held January 9 to January 20, 2019 in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Development of sports culture to achieve sporting excellence in the country.
- Many holistic development of children and youth community is the major concern of Khelo India Scheme.
0 Thank You
Posted by Roki Jangra 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Posted by Himanshu Kumar 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Posted by Dinesh Gudesar 1 week, 1 day ago
Posted by Dab Chopra 1 week, 4 days ago
Posted by Deepanshi Kumari 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Posted by Parth Shukla 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Posted by Knk Kumawat 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Posted by Resham Khan 1 week, 2 days ago
Posted by Aditya Bansal 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Trusted by 1 Crore+ Students
Create papers online. It's FREE .
CUET Mock Tests
75,000+ questions to practice only on myCBSEguide app
Download myCBSEguide App
- Entrance Exams
- Competative Exams
- Teachers Exams
- Uttrakand Board
- Bihar Board
- Chhattisgarh Board
- Haryana Board
- Jharkhand Board
- Rajasthan Board
- CBSE Class 12
- CBSE Class 11
- CBSE Class 10
- CBSE Class 09
- CBSE Class 08
- CBSE Class 07
- CBSE Class 06
- CBSE Class 05
- CBSE Class 04
- CBSE Class 03
- CBSE Class 02
- CBSE Class 01
CBSE Sample Papers
- CBSE Test Papers
- CBSE MCQ Tests
- CBSE 10 Year Papers
- CBSE Syllabus
- CBSE Revision Notes
- Submit Your Papers
- Terms of Service
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10
- NCERT Solutions for Class 09
- NCERT Solutions for Class 08
- NCERT Solutions for Class 07
- NCERT Solutions for Class 06
- NCERT Solutions for Class 05
- NCERT Solutions for Class 04
- NCERT Solutions for Class 03
- CBSE Class 12 Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 11 Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 10 Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 09 Sample Papers
- CBSE Results | CBSE Datesheet
APPEAL FOR SPONSORSHIP
- 3 rd Khelo India University Games,Uttar Pradesh, 2022
- 4 th Khelo India Youth Games,Madhya Pradesh 2022
- 3 rd Khelo India Youth Games,Panchkula,Haryana 2021
- 2 nd Khelo India University Games,Bangalore,Karnataka 2021
- 1 st Khelo India University Games,Odisha-2020
- 2 nd Khelo India Youth Games,Assam, Guwahati-2020
- 1 st Khelo India Youth Games, Pune, Maharashtra-2019
- Khelo India School Games, Delhi-2018
- LATEST NEWS
National programme for development of sports.
DOWNLOAD MOBILE APP
About khelo india national programme for development of sports.
Sports is an extremely important component for the overall development of our nation. India, in the last few years has made steady progress in the field of sports. This tremendous potential needs to be showcased at a global platform. It’s time we inspire young talent, give them top-notch infrastructure and training of the highest level. We need to inculcate a strong spirit of participation in sports that enables players to demonstrate their true potential. Only then can India realise its dream of becoming a sports super power. The Khelo India programme has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country and establish India as a great sporting nation.
The following verticals are implemented by Sports Authority of India - State Level Khelo India Centres, Annual Sports Competitions, Talent Search and Development, Sports for Women, Support to National/Regional/State Sports Academies, Promotion of Sports among persons with disabilities, Promotion of rural and indigenous/tribal games, Physical Fitness of School going Children. In addition, the following verticals are implemented by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports - Play Field Development, Utilisation and Creation/ Upgradation of Sports Infrastructure and Sports for Peace and Development. The Community Coaching Development vertical is implemented by Lakshmi Bai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE).
GET UP. GET BETTER. EVERYDAY
I Have Learned That No Matter What Happens, You Must step randomised words which don't look even slightly believable. If you are going .
KHELO INDIA GAMES
The key is not the will to win… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important. Must step randomised words which don't look even slightly believable. If you are going
RT @Media_SAI : #CountdownToKheloIndia2019 Dynamic #Volleyball team training in the pre games camp at #Rajasthan| winners of sub jr. nat
- Share this..
© Copyright Khelo India 2022. All Rights Reserved.
- IAS Preparation
- UPSC PIB Summary Analysis Jan 06
Khelo India Scheme - To Propel India at the Olympics
Press Information Bureau (January 6th) deals with the most important scheme launched by the Government of India with a goal to achieve massive progress in the medal standings at the Olympics. This was launched to address the age old problem of India’s performance at the Olympics. The major issue was lack of grass root program to tap the talent. This program has been envisaged with the objective of securing large number of medals and propelling India among top 10 ranked nations at the Los Angeles 2028 Olympics.
Aspirants would find this topic very helpful while preparing for the IAS Exam .
Khelo India Scheme – Objective, Origin and Sports Programs Subsumed
- It is a national programme which aims to develop grassroots level talent by providing them with a national level platform.
- Khelo India Scheme is based on Gujarat’s model of “Khel Mahakumbh” in which schools and colleges from across the country participate in 27 different disciplines.
- It has been formed after the merger of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan (RGKA), Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS) and National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS).
Khelo India – Important Features of the Program
- An unprecedented Pan Indian Sports Scholarship scheme , which would cover 1,000 most talented young athletes each year across select sports disciplines.
- Each athlete selected under the scheme shall receive an annual scholarship worth Rs. 5.00 lakh for 8 consecutive year
- This is the first time ever that a long-term athlete development pathway would be made available to gifted and talented youngsters to excel in competitive sports and will create a pool of highly competitive athletes who can compete to win at the world stage.
- The Programme aims to promote 20 universities across the country as hubs of sporting excellence, which would enable talented sportspersons to pursue the dual pathway of education and competitive sports.
- The Programme also aims at creating an active population with a healthy lifestyle.
- The Programme would cover about 200 million children in the age group of 10-18 under a massive national physical fitness drive , which will not only measure the physical fitness of all children in the age group but also support their fitness-related activities.
- This programme strives to promote “ Sports for All” as well as “Sports for Excellence.”
Khelo India – Benefits of the Program
- The power of sport in promoting gender equity and social inclusiveness is also fully recognized and special measures are provided to achieve these objectives.
- The programme also aims at engaging youth living in disturbed and deprived areas, in sporting activities, to wean them away from unproductive and disruptive activities and mainstream them in the nation-building process.
- The programme strives to raise the standards of competition, both at school and college level, to have maximum access to organized sports competitions.
- It also includes the use of latest user-friendly technology in all aspects of sports promotion such as the use of mobile apps for the dissemination of sports training; National Sports Talent Search portal for talent identification; interactive website for indigenous sports; GIS-based information system for locating and using sports infrastructure, etc.
- This programme strives to promote “Sports for All” as well as “Sports for Excellence.”
The above details would help candidates prepare for UPSC 2020 .
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Request OTP on Voice Call
Post My Comment
IAS 2024 - Your dream can come true!
Download the ultimate guide to upsc cse preparation.
- Share Share
Register with BYJU'S & Download Free PDFs
Register with byju's & watch live videos.