Essay on My Values in Life
Personal values are qualities that one considers to be worthwhile and, as such, act as the driving force in their life. They take precedence over other qualities and therefore dictate the manner in which an individual may behave in particular instances. When it comes to my values in life, I have a few that I hold dear.
We will write a custom Essay on Essay on My Values in Life specifically for you for only 9.35/page
808 certified writers online
These values are a result of my upbringing, development, my principles, as well as my socialization and the culture around me. In this “my values in life” essay, I shall identify the core beliefs that I hold and how they influence my everyday choices, actions, and plans that I make.
My Values in Life
One of the educational values that are fundamental to me is achievement. This is a result of my belief that what defines me most as a person is my determination to succeed and my desire to make a positive contribution to society through my career. Achievement is, therefore, one of the values that are most important to me since, in today’s world, achievement and success are mostly tied together with educational success. As a result of this, I hold my educational exploits in high esteem since education is one of the avenues where one’s determination leads to quantifiable success.
I greatly value close relationships with my friends and constantly seek to cement the same. This is because good friends can assist one in achieving his/her goals in life and can sometimes even be closer than family. For this reason, I invest a lot of time and effort in my close friends. I make it a priority to be a part of the significant moments in my friends’ lives, such as their birthdays, wedding days, and even baby christening ceremonies. In addition to this, I always ensure that I inquire as to their well beings periodically.
Growth and personal development for me is a very fundamental value, and its importance in my life cannot be understated. It is my belief that my life is not worth much if I do not strive to constantly improve on my achievements as well as in becoming a better person. This value of personal growth and development greatly impacts my daily living, especially when establishing new relations. It is generally my rule that if a new relationship does not add any value to my life, then I should not waste my time exploring it.
One of the constant realities in human life is that we will always be surrounded by needy people. As such, on a social level, I always strive to give my services to the less fortunate. In my opinion, a life well lived is one that is lived in such a way that it makes a difference to someone else’s life. This is the philosophy with which I have led my life up to this point, and at all times, I try to make a difference in the lives of the people that surround me. Helping other people is, therefore, a value that I value not only in myself but also in other people.
While modern-day living has somewhat led to a degradation of the value of family from what it used to be in gone years, I still hold the value of family to be very important in my life. To me, one’s family members are the ones who will stand by you no matter the situation and encourage you through life’s troubles.
While I reckon that family may not always be supportive or as ideal as I envision it, in my experience, my family is closely knit and always stands up for me. I, therefore, always have my family in mind when making my decisions and consider how my actions will affect them. In addition, I try to seek guidance from members of the family who are more experienced than I am before making monumental decisions in my life.
It has been argued that honest men and women are a dying breed. This statement holds true in our capitalistic society, where profits and personal gains are the primary objectives. The means by which one achieves success is often overlooked, and as such, the ends justify the means.
Even in the midst of such an environment, I still hold honesty as one of my core values. This is mostly a result of my upbringing, whereby honesty was applauded and dishonesty shunned. Also, I have come to realize that when one achieves success through honesty, the level of satisfaction that comes with it is truly unrivaled by any other feeling.
Owing to my upbringing, I have a huge regard for religion. As such, one of my spiritual values is engaging myself in some religious organizations. While it is true that most of my religious values are a result of my upbringing, I have, over time, come to embrace them as my own and therefore make it my personal duty to be actively involved in my religious organization.
To me, this brings about a sense of balance and helps me be more reflective and appreciative in my life. My religious values impact my decision-making since I try not to make choices that are contrary to my religious beliefs.
In this paper, I have identified some of the values that I hold dear to me. I have also identified how these values impact the choices that I make as well as the actions that I take. From this deep exploration of my values, I have come to the realization that my values greatly dictate how I treat the people around me as well as how I prioritize matters. I believe that as a result of my values, I strive harder to achieve the things that I want in life, and as such, I am a better person as a result of them.
Need a custom personal essay sample written from scratch by professional specifically for you?
807 certified writers online
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2023, October 29). Essay on My Values in Life. https://ivypanda.com/essays/my-values-in-life/
IvyPanda. (2023, October 29). Essay on My Values in Life. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/my-values-in-life/
"Essay on My Values in Life." IvyPanda , 29 Oct. 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/my-values-in-life/.
1. IvyPanda . "Essay on My Values in Life." October 29, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/my-values-in-life/.
IvyPanda . "Essay on My Values in Life." October 29, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/my-values-in-life/.
IvyPanda . 2023. "Essay on My Values in Life." October 29, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/my-values-in-life/.
IvyPanda . (2023) 'Essay on My Values in Life'. 29 October.
- "To My Dear and Loving Husband" by Anne Bradstreet
- The "Dear Evan Hansen" Play by Steven Levenson
- Norman Krasna’s Play "Dear Ruth" Review
- Children Upbringing in Europe
- "Dear John" Movie by Lassa Hallstrom
- "Jin Ping Mei" by Lanling Xiaoxiao Sheng
- The Short Story "Two Kinds" by Amy Tan
- Maintaining a Balance of Upbringing
- Parenting, Divorce, Dating in the Dear Abby Letter
- Academic Honesty Importance
- Most Influential People - My Uncle Jack
- The Ethical Dilemma - How to Make the Right Decision
- Concepts of Lessons from My Life as a Bully
- This Capstone Class: Practice of Ethical and Social Responsibility
- Why Gay Marriage Should Not Be Legal
Home — Essay Samples — Life — Personal Growth and Development — My Personal Core Values: Performance Task
My Personal Core Values: Performance Task
- Categories: Personal Growth and Development Personal Qualities Values
About this sample
Table of contents
Introduction, air force core values, works cited.
- Air Force Handbook 1: The Airman Handbook
- Brown, M. E. (2019). Air Force Core Values: A Critical Appraisal. Journal of Military Ethics, 18(1), 25-46.
- Carter, T. (2018). Five Leadership Lessons from Walt Disney. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbeslacouncil/2018/05/14/five-leadership-lessons-from-walt-disney/?sh=4d9c1a6936f3
- Ehrhart, M. G., & Coccia, M. A. (2015). Organizational citizenship behavior and culture in the United States Air Force. Military Psychology, 27(1), 1-12.
- Klenke, K. (2016). Developing Leadership Character. Routledge.
- Lemoine, G. J., Hartnell, C. A., & Leroy, H. (2019). Taking stock of moral approaches to leadership: An integrative review of ethical, authentic, and servant leadership. Academy of Management Annals, 13(1), 148-187.
- Martin, J., & Epitropaki, O. (2018). Transformational–transactional leadership and upward influence: The role of relative leader–member exchange in the Chinese public sector. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 29(6), 1077-1102.
- Phipps, A. (2019). Leadership principles from the US Air Force core values. American Nurse Today, 14(1), 16-18.
- Reed, S. K. (2018). Promoting Ethics in the Military: Theory and Practice. Springer.
- Thoresen, C. J., & Shen, W. (2018). Relationship between the Three Components of the Military Ethic and the Air Force Core Values. Journal of Business and Psychology, 33(4), 543-560.
Cite this Essay
Let us write you an essay from scratch
- 450+ experts on 30 subjects ready to help
- Custom essay delivered in as few as 3 hours
Get high-quality help
Dr. Karlyna PhD
- Expert in: Life
+ 120 experts online
No need to pay just yet!
1 pages / 514 words
1 pages / 533 words
7 pages / 3074 words
3 pages / 1427 words
Remember! This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper by one of our expert writers.
121 writers online
Still can’t find what you need?
Browse our vast selection of original essay samples, each expertly formatted and styled
Related Essays on Personal Growth and Development
Learning a new language, or any new thing for that matter, is always challenging for human beings. It’s not an easy task to achieve a second language like the mother language but by overcoming our fear and inertia and coming out [...]
Gibbs, G. (1988). Learning By Doing. Birmingham: Further Education Unit, Oxford Polytechnic.Cottrell, S. (2015). Skills for Success: The Personal Development Planning Handbook. Third Edition. Palgrave Macmillan.
Human growth and development is a fascinating and intricate process that encompasses the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social changes individuals experience from infancy to old age. It is a lifelong journey that shapes who [...]
Throughout life, individuals encounter a myriad of unique opportunities and challenges that can profoundly shape their journeys. These experiences, whether they involve overcoming adversity, pursuing a passion, or taking on a [...]
An ideal person is one who is ideal in respect of physical and emotional balance, behavior and attitude, moral values, personality. In practical life, the combination of all these fine characteristics is very rarely found in any [...]
The first step in the development plan is to conduct a self-analysis such as SWOT and then identify the priority areas that junior managers need to become senior managers in the same organization. After completing this section, [...]
By clicking “Send”, you agree to our Terms of service and Privacy statement . We will occasionally send you account related emails.
Where do you want us to send this sample?
Be careful. This essay is not unique
This essay was donated by a student and is likely to have been used and submitted before
Download this Sample
Free samples may contain mistakes and not unique parts
Sorry, we could not paraphrase this essay. Our professional writers can rewrite it and get you a unique paper.
Please check your inbox.
We can write you a custom essay that will follow your exact instructions and meet the deadlines. Let's fix your grades together!
Get Your Personalized Essay in 3 Hours or Less!
- Instructions Followed To The Letter
- Deadlines Met At Every Stage
- Unique And Plagiarism Free