Plagiarism Checker by Grammarly
Why use a plagiarism checker, how does grammarly’s plagiarism checker work, who benefits from grammarly’s plagiarism checker.
“ I absolutely love Grammarly when writing. I especially love revising even the most mundane of lines that hit a plagiarism result, because seeing 0% plagiarism is what I live for. ”
“ Essentially, Grammarly offers the same features as a thesaurus, a quality grammar-checking program, and a plagiarism checker. While you can purchase each of these tools separately elsewhere, Grammarly combines them, which is actually quite nice. ”
Millions of Users Trust Grammarly’s Plagiarism Checker
Free plagiarism checker by EasyBib
Check for plagiarism, grammar errors, and more.
- Expert Check
Check for accidental plagiarism
Avoid unintentional plagiarism. Check your work against billions of sources to ensure complete originality.
Find and fix grammar errors
Turn in your best work. Our smart proofreader catches even the smallest writing mistakes so you don't have to.
Get expert writing help
Improve the quality of your paper. Receive feedback on your main idea, writing mechanics, structure, conclusion, and more.
What students are saying about us
"Caught comma errors that I actually struggle with even after proofreading myself."
- Natasha J.
"I find the suggestions to be extremely helpful especially as they can instantly take you to that section in your paper for you to fix any and all issues related to the grammar or spelling error(s)."
- Catherine R.
Check for unintentional plagiarism
Easily check your paper for missing citations and accidental plagiarism with the EasyBib plagiarism checker. The EasyBib plagiarism checker:
- Scans your paper against billions of sources.
- Identifies text that may be flagged for plagiarism.
- Provides you with a plagiarism score.
You can submit your paper at any hour of the day and quickly receive a plagiarism report.
What is the EasyBib plagiarism checker?
Most basic plagiarism checkers review your work and calculate a percentage, meaning how much of your writing is indicative of original work. But, the EasyBib plagiarism checker goes way beyond a simple percentage. Any text that could be categorized as potential plagiarism is highlighted, allowing you time to review each warning and determine how to adjust it or how to cite it correctly.
You’ll even see the sources against which your writing is compared and the actual word for word breakdown. If you determine that a warning is unnecessary, you can waive the plagiarism check suggestion.
Plagiarism is unethical because it doesn’t credit those who created the original work; it violates intellectual property and serves to benefit the perpetrator. It is a severe enough academic offense, that many faculty members use their own plagiarism checking tool for their students’ work. With the EasyBib Plagiarism checker, you can stay one step ahead of your professors and catch citation mistakes and accidental plagiarism before you submit your work for grading.
Why use a plagiarism checker?
Imagine – it’s finals week and the final research paper of the semester is due in two days. You, being quite familiar with this high-stakes situation, hit the books, and pull together a ten-page, last-minute masterpiece using articles and materials from dozens of different sources.
However, in those late, coffee-fueled hours, are you fully confident that you correctly cited all the different sources you used? Are you sure you didn’t accidentally forget any? Are you confident that your teacher’s plagiarism tool will give your paper a 0% plagiarism score?
That’s where the EasyBib plagiarism checker comes in to save the day. One quick check can help you address all the above questions and put your mind at ease.
What exactly is plagiarism?
Plagiarism has a number of possible definitions; it involves more than just copying someone else’s work. Improper citing, patchworking, and paraphrasing could all lead to plagiarism in one of your college assignments. Below are some common examples of accidental plagiarism that commonly occur.
Quoting or paraphrasing without citations
Not including in-text citations is another common type of accidental plagiarism. Quoting is taking verbatim text from a source. Paraphrasing is when you’re using another source to take the same idea but put it in your own words. In both cases, it’s important to always cite where those ideas are coming from. The EasyBib plagiarism checker can help alert you to when you need to accurately cite the sources you used.
When writing a paper, you’re often sifting through multiple sources and tabs from different search engines. It’s easy to accidentally string together pieces of sentences and phrases into your own paragraphs. You may change a few words here and there, but it’s similar to the original text. Even though it’s accidental, it is still considered plagiarism. It’s important to clearly state when you’re using someone else’s words and work.
Depending on the class, professor, subject, or teacher, there are multiple correct citation styles and preferences. Some examples of common style guides that are followed for citations include MLA, APA, and Chicago style. When citing resources, it’s important to cite them accurately. Incorrect citations could make it impossible for a reader to track down a source and it’s considered plagiarism. There are EasyBib citation tools to help you do this.
Don’t fall victim to plagiarism pitfalls. Most of the time, you don’t even mean to commit plagiarism; rather, you’ve read so many sources from different search engines that it gets difficult to determine an original thought or well-stated fact versus someone else’s work. Or worse, you assume a statement is common knowledge, when in fact, it should be attributed to another author.
When in doubt, cite your source!
Time for a quick plagiarism quiz!
Which of the following requires a citation?
- A chart or graph from another source
- A paraphrase of an original source
- Several sources’ ideas summarized into your own paragraph
- A direct quote
- All of the above
If you guessed option E than you’d be correct. Correct punctuation and citation of another individual’s ideas, quotes, and graphics are a pillar of good academic writing.
What if you copy your own previous writing?
Resubmitting your own original work for another class’s assignment is a form of self-plagiarism, so don’t cut corners in your writing. Draft an original piece for each class or ask your professor if you can incorporate your previous research.
What features are available with the EasyBib plagiarism checker?
Along with providing warnings and sources for possible plagiarism, the EasyBib plagiarism checker works alongside the other EasyBib tools, including a grammar checker and a spell checker . You’ll receive personalized feedback on your thesis and writing structure too!
The plagiarism checker compares your writing sample with billions of available sources online so that it detects plagiarism at every level. You’ll be notified of which phrases are too similar to current research and literature, prompting a possible rewrite or additional citation. You’ll also get feedback on your paper’s inconsistencies, such as changes in text, formatting, or style. These small details could suggest possible plagiarism within your assignment.
And speaking of citations, there are also EasyBib citation tools available. They help you quickly build your bibliography and avoid accidental plagiarism. Make sure you know which citation format your professor prefers!
Great! How do I start?
Simply copy and paste or upload your essay into the checker at the top of this page. You’ll receive the first five grammar suggestions for free! To try the plagiarism checker for free, start your EasyBib Plus three-day free trial.* If you love the product and decide to opt for premium services, you’ll have access to unlimited writing suggestions and personalized feedback.
The EasyBib plagiarism checker is conveniently available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. You can cancel anytime. Check your paper for free today!.
*See Terms and Conditions
Visit www.easybib.com for more information on helpful EasyBib writing and citing tools.
For informational guides and on writing and citing, visit the EasyBib guides homepage .
find out if your paper is original.
- Plagiarism check ONLY. Click here for plagiarism + grammar check .
- It's simple - just copy and paste your paper in the box below
- Your paper will be analyzed immediately in real-time
- Compares to billions of online pages
Get Started Below
Free Online Plagiarism Checker
Paste the text of your paper or essay into the editor below (or upload a file) and select the "Get Report" button to immediately check your paper for plagiarism.
PREMIUM Includes All Free Features PLUS
Sorry. This feature is available for Premium Account only!
- File upload
- Longer Documents
- Faster Processing
- "Premium-Only" Modules
Last Updated Date: July 21, 2023
1. Ownership; Your Rights to Use the Services and Content.
- Ownership . The Services and all of its content (collectively, "Content"), including all copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names and all other intellectual property rights therein ("Intellectual Property"), are owned or controlled by Student Brands, our licensors, and certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Content and Intellectual Property available via the Services is the property of Student Brands, our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent and/or other Intellectual Property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Student Brands owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Services.
- Display, view, use, and play the Content on a computer, mobile or other internet enabled or permitted device ("Device") and/or print one copy of the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise) as it is displayed to you;
- Subject to any applicable Additional Terms, if the Services includes a "Send to Friend," social media sharing or similar tool that allows you to initiate and send to one or more of your contacts a communication that includes Content, or to post our Content to third-party services or your own site or online service, and the tool is operational, use the tool to do so; provided, however, that you do not do so in any manner that violates applicable law or third-party rights or reflects negativity on us, and only send to recipients you have permission to contact;
- If the Services includes a "Download" link next to a piece of Content (including, without limitation, an image, an icon, a wallpaper, a music track, a video, a trailer, an RSS feed), you may only download a single copy of such Content to a single Device;
- If made available to you, obtain a registered personal account (and/or related username and password) on the Services and interact with the Services in connection therewith;
- Link to the Services from a website or other online service, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any Student Brands names, logos, or images, (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with Student Brands or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray Student Brands or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third-party or are otherwise objectionable to Student Brands. Student Brands reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Services for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third-party;
- Stream the Content using any of the widgets and/or other digital streaming internet video players, if any, provided on the Services; and
- Additional Terms for Usage Subscriptions . Purchases of usage subscriptions ( e.g ., credits, points, and/or virtual currency) or any virtual items made available on the Services are nonrefundable, have no monetary value ( i.e ., are not a cash account or equivalent), and are purchases of only a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to use those items only, even if such came with a durational term ( e.g ., a monthly subscription). Any attempt to transfer, assign or otherwise sell or trade such subscription, regardless of manner or method, is null and void. Suspension or termination thereof results in the forfeit of the suspended or terminated subscription or items, except as may be noted in the applicable Additional Terms. As permitted by law, we are not responsible for repairing or reissuing any credit or refund or any other sum, as a result of our modification of any usage subscriptions or virtual item, or for loss or damage due to error, or any other reason.
- Additional Terms for Bartleby Tutor . One-time purchases of minutes to be used for real-time tutoring sessions offered through Bartleby Tutor must be used within ninety (90) days from the date of purchase. Any unused minutes thereafter are nonrefundable and cannot be redeemed for any credit or other value. Minutes purchased through subscriptions to Bartleby Tutor expire upon any cancellation of the Bartleby Tutor subscription; any unused minutes at the time of such cancellation cannot be refunded or otherwise be credited back to your account.
- Rights of Others . In using the Services, you must respect the Intellectual Property and rights of others and Student Brands. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate the rights of others and applicable laws and may result in your civil and criminal liability. If you believe that your work has been infringed via the Services, see Section 5 below.
- You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or any support services to you with respect to the Services and Content.
- To the maximum extent not prohibited by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Services and Content.
- Further, you agree that if the Services, or your access to and use of the Services, infringes on a third-party’s Intellectual Property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such Intellectual Property infringement claims.
2. Content You Submit; Interactive Community Rules.
- In your communications with Student Brands, please keep in mind that we do not seek any unsolicited ideas or materials for products or services, or even suggested improvements to products or services, including, without limitation, ideas, concepts, inventions, or designs for music, websites, apps, books, scripts, screenplays, motion pictures, television shows, theatrical productions, software or otherwise (collectively, "Unsolicited Ideas and Materials"). Any Unsolicited Ideas and Materials you submit are deemed UGC and licensed to us as set forth below. In addition, Student Brands retains all of the rights held by members of the general public with regard to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials. Student Brands’ receipt of your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials is not an admission by Student Brands of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair Student Brands’ right to contest existing or future Intellectual Property rights relating to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials.
- Any UGC (including chat messages, links, video, photo, audio or other media content) that you submit in connection with Bartleby Tutor may be made publicly available through Student Brands’ library of searchable content. Such UGC may be accessible by anyone, including Student Brands. We encourage you to not include any personally identifiable information in any UGC you submit to Student Brands, the tutors, or any other third parties in relation to the Bartleby Tutor, and to exercise caution when making decisions about what you disclose when using our Services in general.
- You may not post on or transmit through the Services any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, rule or regulation of the laws applicable to you or applicable in the country in which the material is posted. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting or other UGC (including private messages) from you, or to deny, restrict, suspend or terminate access to all or any part of the Interactive Community at any time, for any or no reason, without prior notice or explanation and without liability.
- You may not post UGC that: (A) involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming" or "spamming"; (B) contains restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); (C) solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; (D) involves commercial activities and/or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising or pyramid schemes; (E) includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; (F) circumvents or modifies, or attempts to circumvent or modify, or encourages or assists any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Services; (G) involves the use of viruses, bots, worms or any other computer code, files or programs that may interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise may permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network; (H) covers or obscures the banner advertisements on your personal profile page; (I) involves any automated use of the Services, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages; (J) interferes with, disrupts or creates an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Interactive Community; (K) impersonates or attempts to impersonate another Interactive Community user, person or entity; (L) uses the account, username or password of another Interactive Community user at any time or discloses your password to any third party or permits any third party to access your account; (M) sells or otherwise transfers your profile; or (N) uses any information obtained from the Services or Interactive Community in order to harass, abuse or harm another person or entity, or attempts to do the same.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove your profile and/or deny, restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Interactive Community for any reason.
- If you become aware of misuse of the Interactive Community, including any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable law, please contact us. Notwithstanding the foregoing and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we assume no responsibility for ongoing monitoring of the Interactive Community or for removal or editing of any UGC, even after receiving notice. We assume no liability for any action or inaction with respect to conduct, communication or UGC within the Interactive Community. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur within the Interactive Community. The Interactive Community is not designed for use by individuals under the age of 18 years ("Minors"). No children under the age of 16 are permitted to register or create user profiles, and individuals aged between 16 and 18 must participate in the Interactive Community only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Numerous informational and commercial resources (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are available to help parents keep their children safe online. If you are interested in learning more about these resources, information is available at many sites providing information on such protections. We do not specifically sponsor or endorse any of these sites or their services.
- Interactive Community users may upload to or otherwise submit to us for distribution on the Interactive Community and the Services: (A) UGC that is not subject to any copyright or other proprietary rights restrictions; or (B) UGC that the owner or licensor of any relevant rights has given express authorization for us to distribute over the Internet. You may not upload, embed, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. Any copyrighted or other proprietary UGC distributed with the consent of a copyright owner should contain a phrase such as "Copyright, owned by [name of owner]; used by permission". We are entitled to presume that all UGC conforms to the foregoing requirements. The unauthorized submission of copyrighted or other proprietary UGC is illegal and could subject the user to personal liability for damages in a civil suit as well as criminal prosecution. Interactive Community users assume all liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright or proprietary rights, or for any other harm arising from an unauthorized submission or submission of UGC. We assume no liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright or proprietary rights, or from any other harm arising from any UGC.
3. Using the Services; Services and Content Use Restrictions.
- Creating an Account . Accounts may only be set up you (and if not you, by an authorized representative of the individual that is the subject of the account and who is of the age of majority). We do not review accounts for authenticity and are not responsible for any unauthorized accounts that may appear on the Services. For any dispute as to account creation or authenticity, we shall have the sole right, but are not obligated, to resolve such dispute as we determine appropriate, without notice. If you register with us or create an account, you are solely responsible and liable for the security and confidentiality of your access credentials and for restricting access to your Device and for all activity under your account. Usernames and passwords must be personal and unique, not violate the rights of any person or entity, and not be offensive. We may reject the use of any password, username, or email address for any reason in our sole discretion. You are solely responsible for your registration information and for updating and maintaining it. You will immediately notify us here of any unauthorized use of your account, password, or username, or any other breach of security, but will remain responsible for any unauthorized use thereafter. You will not sell, transfer, or assign your account or any account rights.
- Any deal terms presented to you at the time of subscription, rental, purchase, or other transaction you conduct on or initiate on the Services ("Transaction") shall be considered Additional Terms. You agree to pay Student Brands all charges at the prices presented to you or your agent(s). You must provide, and you authorize Student Brands to charge, your chosen payment provider (your "Payment Method") when you make a purchase or subscribe to paid Services. You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method and will only provide us information about payment methods that you are authorized to use. We allow you to save and manage your information about your Payment Method, including the full credit card number, account number, and expiration dates, for future purchases or transactions on our site. You may make changes to your default Payment Method at any time. If we are unable to charge one payment card, we may charge another valid credit card that you have entered for use on our site. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information that we have on file, and you consent to Student Brands updating such stored information from time to time based on information provided by you, your bank or payment services processors. If you initiate a chargeback dispute for any payment or transaction made on our site, Student Brands reserves the right to terminate the provision of services or delivery or products to you pending resolution of the chargeback dispute with the credit card issuer.
- Some Transactions may be subject to taxes in certain states. Depending on your state and the nature of the product or Services you receive from us, this may be a rental tax, sales tax and/or use tax. Tax rates are different from state to state. You are responsible for paying all such taxes.
- Availability of Services and Content . Student Brands, in its sole discretion without advance notice or liability, may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Services and/or Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in Student Brands’ sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
- Internet Connectivity Charges . Internet connectivity is required to access the Services. Any access fees or charges applicable to your internet connectivity are solely your responsibility. Certain internet service providers, including wireless carriers, may charge fees for data connections based on the total amount of data you access. We are in no way responsible for the fees charged by or policies of internet service providers or others with whom you contract for such internet connectivity.
4. Wireless Features; Messages; Location-Based Features.
- Wireless Features . The Services may offer certain features and services via your wireless Device. Features and services may include the ability to access the Services’ features, upload content to the Services, receive messages from the Services, and download applications to your wireless Device (collectively, "Wireless Features"). You agree to receive communications we may send through Wireless Features for which you are registered. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Wireless Features. If you have registered via the Services for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify Student Brands of any changes to your wireless contact information (including phone number) and update your accounts on the Services to reflect the changes. If the Services includes push notifications or other mobile communication capability, you hereby approve of our delivery of electronic communications directly to your mobile Device. These notifications, including badge, alert or pop-up messages, may be delivered to your Device even when the Services is running in the background. You may have the ability, and it is your responsibility, to adjust the notifications you do, or do not, receive via your Device through your Device and/or app settings. Standard message, data and other fees may be charged by your carrier, and carriers may deduct charges from pre-paid amounts or data allowances, for which you are responsible. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Device. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
- You may be given opportunities to subscribe to various text marketing or other text messaging programs and by doing so, you consent to receive ongoing text alerts (including by auto-dialers) from us related to our various businesses and affiliates, which may include co-promotions with or about other parties, except that if the scope of your consent for a particular subscription is limited, that subscription will be so limited. Such consent is not required to purchase any product or Services aside from the text subscription itself. Subsequent or different subscriptions will be unaffected by an opt-out. You consent to receive a text confirming any opt-out as well as non-marketing administrative or transactional messages.
- Email Messages . You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions, and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of emails, the opt-out will be so limited. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Services, such as administrative and service announcements, and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
5. Notice and Take Down Procedure for Claims of Infringement.
- DMCA Notification . If you are a copyright owner who would like to send us a notice pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") to identify content or material posted on the Services that is infringing and that you would like removed from our Services, or if you are a user whose work has been removed in response to such a notice of infringement and would like to file a DMCA counter-notice, you may submit such notice to us by following the instructions in this Section 5.
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the website where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published).
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on the Services where the material you claim is infringing is located, providing enough information to allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address so that we may contact you.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The email address above is only for reporting copyright infringement and may not be used for any other purpose.
- If you believe an individual is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above to contact our DMCA agent and provide information sufficient for us to verify the individual is a repeat infringer.
- It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. Student Brands may elect to not respond to DMCA notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and Bartleby may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
- a legend or subject line that says: "DMCA Counter-Notification";
- a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the full URL of the page(s) on the Services from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- your full name, address, telephone number, email address, and the username of your account with us (if any);
- a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
- your electronic or physical signature.
- Receipt of DMCA Counter-Notification . If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the address above that the party who sent us the DMCA copyright infringement notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Services. Upon our receipt of a Counter-Notification that satisfies the requirements of DMCA, we will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA's procedures regarding counter notification. All Counter-Notifications must satisfy the requirements of Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act. In all events, you expressly agree that neither Student Brands nor any of its affiliates or their employees, officers, directors, or agents will be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement. Please note you may be held liable for money damages if you materially misrepresent an activity is infringing your copyrights.
6. Product Specifications; Pricing; Typographical Errors.
We strive to accurately describe our products or services offered on the Services; however, we do not warrant that such specifications, pricing, or other content on the Services is complete, accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. As permitted by applicable law, Student Brands shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders in its sole discretion. Your orders are offers to purchase subject to our acceptance, which we may reject or cancel subject to refund. If we charged your credit or other account prior to rejection or cancellation, we will reissue credit to your account. Additional Terms may apply. If a product you purchased or accepted from Student Brands is not as described, as permitted by applicable law, your sole remedy is to return it, to cancel the purchase and receive a credit for the purchase price.
7. Termination or Suspension.
- Termination by Us . We may, upon notice to you, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or terminate your account or your access to all or any part of the Services for any reason in our sole discretion. In certain cases, in our sole discretion, we may provide you with a written notice (a "Restriction Notice") to inform you: (i) your right to use or access any part of the Services has been terminated, including the right to use, access or create any account thereon; (ii) we refuse to provide any Services to you; and (iii) any subsequent orders placed by you will be subject to cancellation. Other conditions may apply and shall be set forth in the Restriction Notice.
8. Disclaimers; Exclusions and Limitations of Liability.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, STUDENT BRANDS AND ITS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGE RS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, VENDORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, CONTRACTORS, CUSTOMERS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, "STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES") PROVIDE THE SERVICE, CONTENT, STUDENT BRANDS LICENSED ELEMENTS, OR OTHER STUDENT BRANDS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES (AS APPLICABLE) DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE SERVICES, CONTENT, LICENSED ELEMENTS, UGC OR OTHER STUDENT BRANDS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL: (I) BE UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; (II) BE FREE OF DEFECTS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS; OR (III) OTHERWIS E MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, SECURITY, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ARISING BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE OR BY COURSE OF DEALING. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THIS SECTION DOES NOT EXPAND OR LIMIT: (X) ANY EXPRESS, WRITTEN PRODUCT WARRANTY OR RELATED DISCLAIMERS THAT ARE PROVIDED BY BARTLEBY PARTIES OR THEIR SUPPLIERS WITH REGARD TO A PHYSICAL PRODUCT SOLD BY BARTLEBY PARTIES TO YOU, OR ANY WARRANTY ON A PHYSICAL PRODUCT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW; (Y) STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES’ LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY TO YOU CAUSED BY STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES TO THE EXTENT NOT WAIVABLE OR CANNOT BE LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW; OR (Z) ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES THAT IS NOT WAIVABLE OR CANNOT BE LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES . TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, STUDENT BRANDS PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION OR GOODWILL OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SERVICES, CONTENT, LICENSED ELEMENTS, UGC OR OTHER STUDENT BRANDS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT DEFECT OR MISREPRESENTATION), EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
- your use of or inability to use the Services, or the performance of the Services;
- any action taken in connection with an investigation by Student Brands Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Services;
- any action taken in connection with copyright or other Intellectual Property owners or other rights owners;
- any errors or omissions in the Services’ technical operation or security or any compromise or loss of your UGC or other data or information; or
- any damage to any user’s computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction. The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if the Student Brands Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Services).
The liability limitations in this Section 8 are not intended to limit any express warranties from applicable product manufacturers of physical products sold via the Services, or any express warranties by Student Brands that are included in applicable Additional Terms.
- APPLICABLE JURISDICTIONAL LIMITS . CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, SUCH AS NEW JERSEY, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. AS SUCH, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- ESSENTIAL PURPOSE .UNLESS LIMITED OR MODIFIED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS APPLY, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
9. Arbitration and Dispute Terms.
- Pre-Arbitration Notification . Student Brands and you agree that it would be advantageous to discuss and hopefully resolve any Disputes before formal proceedings are initiated; provided, however, that Student Brands need not do so in circumstances where its claims of Intellectual Property rights are concerned ("IP Disputes," with all other disputes referred to as "General Disputes"). The party making a claim – whether you or Student Brands – shall send a letter to the other side briefly summarizing the claim and the request for relief. If Student Brands is making a claim, the letter shall be sent, via email, to the email address listed in your Student Brands account, as applicable. If no such information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no notification or delay obligations under this Section 9(b). If you are making a claim, the letter shall be sent to: Learneo, Inc. Student Brands, LLC, Attn: Monique Ho, General Counsel, 2000 Seaport Blvd, Floor 3, Redwood City, CA 94063 US. If the Dispute is not resolved within sixty (60) days after notification, the claimant may proceed to initiate proceedings as set forth in this Section 9. Either you or Student Brands, however, may seek provisional remedies (such as preliminary injunctive relief) subject to Section 9(d) before the expiration of this sixty (60)-day period.
- Limitation on Injunctive Relief . AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE INCURRED ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THEN THE LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND INJURIES WILL NOT BE DEEMED IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR TO OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND. THIS MEANS (WITHOUT LIMITATION) THAT, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CLAIM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN, ANY COURT OR OTH ER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SERVICES, CONTENT, UGC, PRODUCT, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED, OR CONTROLLED BY ANY STUDENT BRANDS PARTY (INCLUDING YOUR LICENSED UGC) OR A LICENSOR OF ANY BARTLE BY PARTY.
- Class Action Waiver . As permitted by applicable law, both you and Student Brands waive the right to bring any Dispute as a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, or to participate in a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action regarding any Dispute brought by anyone else. Notwithstanding any provision in the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures to the contrary, the arbitrator shall not have the authority or any jurisdiction to hear the arbitration as a class, consolidated, representative, or private attorney general action or to consolidate, join, or otherwise combine the Disputes of different persons into one proceeding. Notwithstanding the arbitration provision set forth above, if the provision regarding waiver of class, collective, representative, and private attorney general claims of this Section 9 is found to be void or otherwise unenforceable, any such class, collective, representative, or private attorney general claims must be heard and determined through an appropriate court proceeding, and not in arbitration.
- Jury Waiver . AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING UNDER, IN CONNECTION WITH, TOUCHING UPON OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, THE BREACH THEREOF AND/OR THE SCOPE OF THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION, WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- Small Claims Matters . Notwithstanding the foregoing, either of us may bring qualifying claim of General Dispute (but not IP Disputes) in small claims court, subject to Section 9(f).
10. General Provisions.
- Operation of Services; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues . Student Brands controls and operates the Services from the U.S., and makes no representation that the Services is appropriate or available for use beyond the U.S. If you use the Services from other locations, you are doing so on your own initiative and responsible for compliance with applicable laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent laws apply.
- Export Controls. You are responsible for complying with all applicable trade regulations and laws both foreign and domestic. Except as authorized by U.S. law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls or sanctions.
- Entire Agreement . Except for any Additional Terms that apply to your use of the Services as we may notify or make available to you, this is the entire understanding between you and us regarding the use of the Services, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings between you and us regarding this subject matter.
The free online plagiarism checker:
compares your document with billions of online pages and resources;
highlights sections that seem to appear elsewhere;
links you to these pages for further in-depth comparison.
NOTE: if you would like to check grammar, spelling, style, AND plagiarism detection, then use our free Paper Checker.
How Original is Your Text?
Our free online plagiarism checker compares your submitted text to over 10 billion documents on the Internet and in print. Because we do NOT check against previous submissions to Paper Rater, submitting your paper to our service will NOT cause it to get incorrectly flagged as plagiarized if your teacher checks it here later. For more information on our plagiarism detection process and how to interpret the originality score, click here .
What's Wrong with Plagiarizing?
Most of us feel that plagiarism is morally wrong and need no other deterrent than this. However, even for those who do not feel an ethical compulsion to avoid it, the consequences of plagiarism can be quite severe for those who take the risk. For students, getting caught may mean a failing grade, suspension, or even expulsion, and for professionals the stakes are even higher as one's reputation may not be so quickly mended.
Is This Really Free?
While other sites may charge to check plagiarism, it has always been part of our mission to offer services that are accessible to everyone, regardless of income. For users that demand greater speed and accuracy, we do offer a premium service that allows longer submissions as well. Nevertheless, 99.9% of our users are content with our free plagiarism test.
Use Now FREE!
- PaperRaters for Teachers and Educators
- How does PaperRater’s Plagiarism Checker Work?
- Terms and Conditions
- Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information